Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks!

Going to ask the hive mind for suggestions on an OWB holster for my Glock 19. I'd like something that will be usable for carry around the house, relatively concealable and is also legal for IDPA or USPSA games. Yeah, I'm prepping to do some gun gaming in the future with my carry piece, so I'd like this holster to be dual purpose.

I know that some of the OWB holsters that have speed cutouts in front of the slide aren't going to be all that concealable, but is there anything out there that is somewhat "best of both worlds"? Also, I don't mind a lengthy wait time to get my hands on it, since time isn't critical for this purchase. Also, a holster that can be used with a G17/19/26 models would be a bonus.

Any input is welcome, and thanks in advance!

- Jon

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I have a Raven Concealment Phantom that works great for my XDsc. I am not sure if it would be legal in competition but it has no retention mechanism. It is just molded kydex. Then run about $80 with a 5 day lead time. I would think if you buy one for a G17 it would work for a G19 or G26. It is a closed bottom holster so it would be the length of the G17.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leaning towards an open-bottom holster, and something with a competition/speed cut. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just backordered the Safariland 5197 for $26 shipped from MidwayUSA. I figured that if it's a good holster, then it's worth every penny even if it only accommodates my G19.

Thanks for the suggestions, all.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Look at the ALS version, 6398, available on amazon. The ALS system secures the gun so it can't fall out no matter what contortions you try but when you draw there is zero friction or resistance. The magic button is placed perfectly so you don't even know you're hitting it. I have been using this for IDPA with good results.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts