Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my first Springfield XD SC 9mm. Any suggestions on a good concealed carry holster?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahahah I'm just curious if anyone has any favorites

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
ahahah I'm just curious if anyone has any favorites
For every 15 people here you will find a different favorite.

Crossbreed, kholster MTAC, CTAC, are in the top 5 for IWB

Are you looking for all options, just IWB, or OWB, do you know how you want to carry (strongside, small of back, appendix, ankle, shoulder)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely IWB, strong side/lower back. I will check out those brands as well as the other threads on this forum. Thanx a million Gents!

”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
~Clint Eastwood

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
My personal favorite for that style is crossbreed, but there are other options....I would venture to guess that 90% of the people that try a crossbreed, don't regret it, or try other brands and switch back....but again, this is the internet and everything you read is true....lol

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I use a C-Tac IWB holster from Comp-Tac. It is comfortable and works well. However, what works for me may not work for you. You are probably going to have to talk to other people, do some research, and try some out before you hit on one that you like.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I use a don hume h715.

I'm looking into tuckable rigs to carry at work since my shirt needs tucked in.

I have the 40sc so it will work with your marshmellow shooter:p

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Definitely not a sales pitch, but I feel I specialize in XD 3" holsters. Here is an outstanding one I recently finished. It can quickly be swapped between IWB and OWB, depending on the day's affairs. The retention, lip and ride are truly epic, if I had to toot my own horn.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Definitely not a sales pitch, but I feel I specialize in XD 3" holsters. Here is an outstanding one I recently finished. It can quickly be swapped between IWB and OWB, depending on the day's affairs. The retention, lip and ride are truly epic, if I had to toot my own horn.

that looks pretty nice. is it leather or kydex and what kind of belt clips do you use?

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Thanks

It's a Kydex pancake made from two sheets of the .08. Belt attachments are made from .125 Kydex. The loops for OWB are pretty low profile, resulting in a close ride. For IWB, I prefer the concept of a meaty J-hook, personally.

I'm currently doing all this by hand ( the thicker kydex is a nightmare without power saws, etc ) and am working on standardizing everything to where folks can accessorize different hardware. Trying to keep it user-friendly

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Oh jesus....try the search function...
Or you could try not being an ass.

OP Im looking into the Don Hume H715 like Dave said. It looks like a solid holster. I had a Crossbreed but it hurt my back so Im on to looking some more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts