Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wondering if something like this exists or if anyone has ever done this. I have never seen one. Anyway, is there a tape switch for a red dot? I was just thinking...say I hear something go bump in the night. I can have the light on my AR turn on as soon as I grab the vertical foregrip. But what about the red dot? It would be nice if you could have a tape switch for it as well.

Anybody ever seen one?

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Good idea! But, why not get an Aimpoint Comp M4 and just leave it on? I actually leave my Aimpoint ML3 on. It's suppose to be able to stay on constantly for about 50,000 hours and there are 8,760 hours a year. So that gives me a little over 5 years before I have to think about changing the battery. The CompM4 works on AA batteries and has a 80,000 hours of run time... :)

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Buy an Aimpoint, and leave it turned on. The new models have battery life of 5 to 8 years. (M3 and M4 models)

or

Buy one of Trijicon's sights that has tritium in the reticle, won't need batteries, always "on".

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had forgotten about the battery life of the Aimpoints as I don't have one and can't see myself being able to drop that kind of coin for awhile. I can see if you have one of those then you don't need to turn it off.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I'm stuck in the Aimpoint vs. Eotech debate right now. I went to a gun show over the weekend and really liked the sight picture thru the Aimpoint. It's probably just my eyes (with contacts) but when looking thru the Eotech the 65MOA ring was fuzzy no matter what setting it was on.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I'm stuck in the Aimpoint vs. Eotech debate right now. I went to a gun show over the weekend and really liked the sight picture thru the Aimpoint. It's probably just my eyes (with contacts) but when looking thru the Eotech the 65MOA ring was fuzzy no matter what setting it was on.

I have the same problems with my EOtech. It's just not as sharp as I would like it to be. I still think the EOTechs are good, but I definitely like my Aimpoints better.

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
I have been wondering if something like this exists or if anyone has ever done this. I have never seen one. Anyway, is there a tape switch for a red dot? I was just thinking...say I hear something go bump in the night. I can have the light on my AR turn on as soon as I grab the vertical foregrip. But what about the red dot? It would be nice if you could have a tape switch for it as well.

Anybody ever seen one?
patent the idea, license it, and get $2.00 per unit that is built, ba da boom bada bing you can afford all the red dots you want.

i am not joking, you can patent that, for example i belive it is uncle mikes who patented the fanny pack holster/carry option, others make it but they have to pay license fees. Not sure if its $2.00 on guns but it used to be $2.00 per unit for car stuff, i know a few guys who grandpas are rich as hell off auto inventions (in their grandpas day it mighta been like 45-65 cents per unit). It adds up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts