Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to one of my local gunshops recently to try and price a xd9 subcompact that I'm hoping to add to my collection soon. First place I went didnt have any in stock, and were expensive anyway so I moved on. Next place I went was also out of sc, and I asked the salesman about it. He said they had been sold out for over a month and haven't been able to get any. He then called two of the local distributors both of which were also out. Me and the salesman discussed it for a few minutes, obviously the xd sc is a popular gun, but why would they be sold out all over? He said that he believed springfield to be out of stock altogether, due to the influx of xdm's. But it doesnt seem to me like that would have a major impact on the other models of xds.

Has anyone else noticed this, or found that this is the case where ever you're at? Or am I just in a subcompact blackhole?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bi-tones are sold out and on back order here (at least where I am,NC), well except for the 1 that in gander mt. for $600. Three of the gun shops i went to had black for $459-520.

You could always order one.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
I have been all over the area looking for one and they all tell me the same thing, can't get it. You can get one online from gunbroker, they have lots. What are they selling them for where you are at? I was wondering if people were jacking up the price since it is hard to find. Some of the prices I have seen on gunbroker have been way to much. But then again it is how bad you want one.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Just saw one at Turners in San Marcos yesterday.

·
Registered
815 Posts
i just got back from 3 guns shops here in Houston and all had at least two and some were the bitones! what i did notice was that out of them all they were the 9mm sc's. maybe around here its the .40 thats limited. but i did see a .40 a gander and it was 600 as well. they are so over priced its not funny! and yet..ive bought two guns from them..one was an XD. what does that say about me?:?

·
Registered
815 Posts
To the OP, i just think its your area. when i got my xd9sc about 4 months ago and was able to shop around for best prices because all my dealers had them in stock or could get them over night!

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I think everyone is going to start to buy more guns towards the end of the year. Don't be surprised if a popular model, by any manufacture, are going to be selling like hot cakes come late November...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess it must be something pretty local then. I'm not overly desperate for one right now, but you never know when the bugs gonna bite.

I suppose if I did order from a website I'd have more choice as far as black or bitone though, thats a tough one

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Bi-tones are sold out and on back order here (at least where I am,NC), well except for the 1 that in gander mt. for $600. Three of the gun shops i went to had black for $459-520.

You could always order one.
Where are you in NC....I am near Ft. Bragg. They are findable, just have to look around...I know a shop here that has a bi-tone and a black....or at least they did the other day....

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
This is good news for me.....supply and demand....my value just went up on mine....woooo-hooooo! :D

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
got mine from gunbroker 8)

Man that looks sharp !! I just picked up a XD40SC, I think I am going to Hard Chrome the slide and polish the barrel , maybe even do the controls as well.

That looks fantastic. Now I have ideas for mine , just have to find the time....:wink:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Where are you in NC....I am near Ft. Bragg. They are findable, just have to look around...I know a shop here that has a bi-tone and a black....or at least they did the other day....
greensboro

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Well I picked up my XD40SC last night. It was a trade. But after fondling it for a little bit, I like my M&P better. I ll be putting this one up for sale. Its very nice , I like the features. But its not as ergonomic as the M&P is. :-(

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
Man that looks sharp !! I just picked up a XD40SC, I think I am going to Hard Chrome the slide and polish the barrel , maybe even do the controls as well.

That looks fantastic. Now I have ideas for mine , just have to find the time....:wink:
thanks, Todd! for polishing my b/gr and the compliment

1 - 20 of 38 Posts