Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I live in California where we can only have 10 round mags....however I am lucky enough to be a LEO here and able to get items civillians cant....such as XdM and high cap mags.....a fellow officer knew that i purchased a .40 subcompact a couple weeks ago and brought me in an ad saying that they are making now 13 round flush fitting mags and 16 round mags with the xd sleeve for the subcompacts....I cant find anything on the S.A. website anyone know anything about this?? The ad was from December 09......i have the 12 round mags but they are the extended mags with the xd gear sleve, i would love a 13 round flush fit for off duty carry...

·
Registered
607 Posts
The Xd 9mm subcompact has 13 rd flush fit magazines and 16 rd magazines with grip sleeve. I never heard anything or seen anything about .40 magazines being increased without extending the actual magazine.

Basically its only for the 9mm.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Flush 13rnd magazine only for 9mm

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
mec gar makes a 13 round full size mags but the need to be modified to work.:mad:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Question. What's the difference between the 9rd and the 10rd XD40 mags?

Here's the Midway links:

10 rounds
Springfield Armory Magazine Springfield XD 40 S&W 10-Round Stainless Steel - MidwayUSA

9 rounds
Springfield Armory Magazine Springfield XD Sub-Compact 40 S&W 9-Round Stainless Steel - MidwayUSA

And a link to SA's store:
.40 S&W : Springfield Armory Store

I know it's too much to believe that although every site uses the exact same picture of the magazines, they cannot actually be the same size. Meh, don't even know why I'm asking except I remember reading somewhere, that someone had a flush fit 10 round mag for their XD40SC. I wouldn't want one for carry, but it would be nice for target practice. I hate firing off 9 rounds at a target. I'd much rather just put in 10 round strings. I've done three different searches, and checked about 30 posts and haven't found that old post I read. Not even sure it was on this site or another one really.

So I guess the question really is, does anyone know of a "good" 10 round flush fit mag for the XD40SC for target practice?

·
Registered
6,595 Posts

Here's the Midway links:

10 rounds
Springfield Armory Magazine Springfield XD 40 S&W 10-Round Stainless Steel - MidwayUSA

9 rounds
Springfield Armory Magazine Springfield XD Sub-Compact 40 S&W 9-Round Stainless Steel - MidwayUSA

I know it's too much to believe that although every site uses the exact same picture of the magazines, they cannot actually be the same size. Meh, don't even know why I'm asking except I remember reading somewhere, that someone had a flush fit 10 round mag for their XD40SC. I wouldn't want one for carry, but it would be nice for target practice. I hate firing off 9 rounds at a target. I'd much rather just put in 10 round strings. I've done three different searches, and checked about 30 posts and haven't found that old post I read. Not even sure it was on this site or another one really.

So I guess the question really is, does anyone know of a "good" 10 round flush fit mag for the XD40SC for target practice?
The 10 rnd is for fullsize weapons with mag restrictions like CA, the 9 rnd is for the compact flush mount

You could use the 10 rnder with a sleeve if you wanted or lived in a restrictive state

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Need to make a 13 round mag, 12 and one in the pipe!...

I believe that 9 round some meaning one in the pipe....??

Midway is the best place to get the mag for and XD/XDm

IMO...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I believe the basic dimensions of the 10/13 rnd 9mm & the 9rnd .40 are the same. I haven't taken a calipers to mine to prove this though. There is a difference in the lips spacing though.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Here's the Midway links:

10 rounds

9 rounds

You can actually fit 10 Rounds into the 9 round mag just try it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts