Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the market for a sub 9mm. And the xd is one of the picks on my list. Just a couple of questions. Does springfield have there rust issue takin care of Ive heard alot of people have rust issues with there slides. And Ive heard of the locking blocks and some slides cracking in the 40 s&w model. does this pertain to the 9mm also. I dont mean to ramble on just gathering as much info before I plunk down my hard earned $$$. My other choises are kel-tec p-11 the cz rami and the kahr cw9. But the kt and spring field are within my budget. By the way how does the little xd conceal in the summer under a t shirt. Ill probably use a iwb holster. Thanks for the time on this subject. Shoot straight and be safe Dan..

·
Registered
71 Posts
2K rounds through my XD9 SC, no issues to speak of except some feeding and extracting issues with Remington UMC. I have no problems with anything else.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I dont know that they have the rust issue solved... I have heard alot less about it in the last few months.... If you like the XD and are worried about the rust issue, get a bi-tone.... The newer guns have spots drilled out in the locking blocks to reduce stress so they wont crack.... If you maintain your gun properly and keep it oiled, you shouldnt have any problems....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts