Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started looking into a springfield sc 1911,but I began to find a lot of people who seem to think that this particular flavor of 1911(sc)'suffers from a lot of function problems. What say you?

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
EMP was also designed to be that size.

Compact 1911's are hit or miss, and are more prone to being finicky. They don't take kindly to shooters with poor grip/technique, either. My advice is to stick with a 1911 with a 4.25" barrel or longer. Anything shorter starts cycling the pistol too fast and messes with critical timing.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I heard the stories of these small 1911 style guns having cycling problems and had concerns when buying this Smith and Wesson. However, the SW1911 Pro Series sub compact has performed without fail. It's still a fairly new gun, but so far I've been very happy with the light weight scandium alloy frame and stainless slide. I added the MSH/magwell and grips.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I heard the stories of these small 1911 style guns having cycling problems and had concerns when buying this Smith and Wesson. However, the SW1911 Pro Series sub compact has performed without fail. It's still a fairly new gun, but so far I've been very happy with the light weight scandium alloy frame and stainless slide. I added the MSH/magwell and grips.

I know guys who have those, one of which is an excellent shooter and only carries 1911's, and they swear by the SW1911 Pro SC. Say it's the best small 1911 you can buy.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
They can be more prone to issue.

Another option for a carry 1911 would be CCO style. Commader length slide on an officer frame.

They're not very cheap or terribly popular (though this is gonna be the next hot 1911 and we're gonna see more and more makers offer one. I figure Rock Island Armory will have one out next)

Am I wrong or is the Sig C3 a CCO style pistol?

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts

Another option for a carry 1911 would be CCO style. Commader length slide on an officer frame.

They're not very cheap or terribly popular (though this is gonna be the next hot 1911 and we're gonna see more and more makers offer one. I figure Rock Island Armory will have one out next)

C3 is close enough in my book. Some people get uppity when you get under 4.25" in barrel length, though. Even if it is by only 5 hundredths of an inch.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts

You are correct. It's a bit larger than what the OP was asking about. The C3 is another nice shooting pistol I've had with zero problems. Again, MSH/magwell and grips were added. The traditional 1911 crowd fret about external extractors, but the commander/officer size is a hybrid anyway. I really wanted a Sig 1911 RCS (recently discontinued) but never could find one and this C3 showed up at a local shop.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Slide velocity and a steeper feed angle are the usual culprits in a misbehaving 3" 1911. Heavier mag springs can help along with a heavier recoil spring. An integrally ramped barrel can solve the feed angle issue. If it has an old school extractor make sure it is properly tuned and you should be good to go. I prefer the CCO sized pistols myself, they seem to carry extremely well and are not nearly as finicky.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have a Colt Defender .45 that is flawless so far. If they are made right and are maintained then you shouldn't have any problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts