Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be purchasing an XD-9, but am going back and forth over the model. My buddy told me that it might be possible to swap barrels in the 4 inch service model but not the sub-compact. I shot great with both models but would like to conceal it also, and still be able to change barrels if possible. Can anyone shed some light on these questions:

Can the barrels be swapped?

Subcompact or 4 Inch Service model?

Which is best for concealment?

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
What kind of barrel swapping you want to do? Do you want to swap to a longer barrel so you can add a silencer? Swap from 40 cal to 9mm? 357 to 40? As far as conceal carry the sub's just right for me. Some guy's don't have a problem hiding a service. Kinda depends on your size and how you dress.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If buy swapping barrels, you mean going to a .40; it will not work with a 9mm. You have to get a .40 (or .357 Sig).

Presently there are no conversion barrels for the XD40 SC.

Remember, the "standard" 4 inch barrel XD is already a compact, as the XDs do not have a beavertail....The Tactical with the 5 inch barrel is a "standard" length service pistol. If you like target shooting (slow fire at a 3inch bullseye at 50 feet, or 4 inch bullseye at 75 feet) I think you will enjoy the standard XD more....

The "best" would be to get a Tctical AND a SC :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I enjoy just target shooting but want to be able to conceal it WHEN our loser state of Wisconsin passes the law. I noticed that side by side the overall length of the 4 inch was only about 1/2 inch longer the the subcompact. I am 6 foot, 200lbs so hiding that should not be a problem.

The ballistics between the two barrels should be similar wouldn't you think?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mabey the question is :can the slide and barrel from the Compact fit on the Service; and Service onto Compact?

:?:

·
Registered
104 Posts
The uppers are not interchageable between the SC and the standard....Besides, it would cost about the same (even if you could buy a complete upper) as for a new gun. Most replacement OEM barrels are over 200 as is the slide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts