Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to own a XD 40 SC but I got rid of it because I just didn't use it enough. Now I want to get back into another 40 XD because I am shooting more now and want to start carrying again. In particular, I am looking at the XDM 40 3.8

My dilemma: I live in New York so I cannot have Hi-cap mags. I talked to a lady at Springfield today and she told me that they do not offer 10 rounds mags for the XDM and she doesn't know if they ever will.

Question: Can I use the standard XD subcompact mags with the XDM or are my only options a regular XD?

·
Registered
432 Posts
XD40sc mags are not the same mag as the XDm 40 3.8c.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Calguns has a DIY writeup showing how to permanently turn the mag to a 10 rounder.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Calguns has a DIY writeup showing how to permanently turn the mag to a 10 rounder.
For all of us that's probably good enough. But the pistol will still be serial numbered as hi-cap. I don't think the state will accept it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
748 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New York doesn't have "black listed" firearms per se. We have the assault weapons ban which list a few makes and models. But for pistols what they did was enact a 50 oz. rule on all semi's and a few other dumb ******* laws.

I just really want a XD subcompact, but I want the XDM now. I know it's gonna raise some eyebrows when I say this but about a month after I traded my XD in I got a G22C. That was the biggest gun buying mistake I have made yet. Well maybe second to trading in the XD. :D

ANyways, guess I will keep scrounging to see if I can find someone to modify mags for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For all of us that's probably good enough. But the pistol will still be serial numbered as hi-cap. I don't think the state will accept it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Should have answer this first. The serial number has nothing to do with our restrictions as far as I know. I can buy any firearm that has hi-cap mags with it, but my FFL must not transfer them to me. Our counties pistol permit division does not know if it is a hi-cap or single shot. Just as long as I stay legal on my end is all I care about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts