Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I posted about this before the site was hacked, but I am still looking for some input. Here is my situation, I currently carry my XD40 service model and am looking into an SC backup weapon. I like the idea of getting an SC in .40 to go with my service model but I am torn between the 9mm or the .40 and can't decide on which one. I am wanting to keep my service model .40 and NOT swap the barrels, but what should I do for my SC? Is the 9mm easier to control with the SC? I like the idea of using my 12 round full size mags in my SC if I have too. I just don't know, please help!

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
If its a back up weapon, I would think interchangability would be vary high on my list. remember K.I.S.S You already shoot the 40 so I dont think you will have trouble transitioning to a smaller 40.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I think I would stay with the .40 because in a tense situation you may mistake the rounds since they are similar in size. At one time I had a Starr .40 and a Smith 9 and I mistook the 9 round for the .40 (in a hurry) and loaded them in the .40 mag and proceded to fire for effect, thank god I did not kill myself but then again I only fired a couple of rounds before I figured it out but a friend pointed out it only takes one Fu$% up! and then your done
Remember "Stay Safe, Have Fun and Always Pay Attention"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts