Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find instock 45 ACP sub-compact 13 round mags, and have found several places but they are all out or are charging about $35 per mag. Anyone have any info on a online source that has them instock at a decent price?

·
Registered
787 Posts
There is a sponsor or two (PistolGear.com, for one) that sell the plastic xtender piece. If you get desperate, you could buy normal 45 13rd mags and add the xtenders.

CDNN sometimes has them, but their shipping sucks unless you get a special weekend deal or order several.

I think $30 is around the going rate. I bought an accessory kit that had two compact and one full-size mag plus a magholder off a guy in the ForSale forum here. $60 for 3 mags was a pretty good deal.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Why are they sooooo expensive? I don't understand why they are keeping the supply so low with demand up. WTG Springfield!

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Dude, with everything that's going on, in your stead, I'd pay for them and stock up too. It ain't cheap but it certainly isn't a bank breaker...

Keep in mind that the old high capacity magazine ban, and who knows what/how many new evils are just around the corner. If you wait for the price to drop or just linger about till next year, you'll end up paying the same or more, for a 10 rounder...

Anyway, check out 'cheaper than dirt' - they have them in stock for $26.89 and in three different colored sleeves Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

·
Registered
163 Posts
what does a xd45sc look like? Is that 3"?

There is no XD-45 sub compact. There is a XD-45 compact which has a 4" barrel and a compact frame that comes with a 10 rnd magazine and a 13 rnd magazine w/grip extension.

This is the link to the Springfield XD compact 45 page, Springfield Armory

I see that you can get the compact frame in a 5" barrell version also but I haven't seen one of these at any of my local stores.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
There is no XD-45 sub compact. There is a XD-45 compact which has a 4" barrel and a compact frame that comes with a 10 rnd magazine and a 13 rnd magazine w/grip extension.
Finally! I thought no one was gonna say it!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I see that you can get the compact frame in a 5" barrell version also but I haven't seen one of these at any of my local stores.
I am wearing an XD45 Compact Tactical on my hip right now. It is my carry gun. I had to special order it in and it has the OD frame.

As for the magazines, order what you want BEFORE Nov 4th. If the Dems and Obama take the election, prices will skyrocket before they take office in anticipation of forthcoming bans. I have four 10 round compact mags and six 13 round mags, three with extensions. The other three are for my XD45 Service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where do you live? Do they have gun show's ? I live in Portland Or, which has a gun show every couple of months at the Portland Exposition Center. I have the XD45 compact also, and have been paying 22$ TO 25$ for the 13 rd mag depending on the dealer - don't pay any more than you can help paying!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts