Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
I have a few springfields. Let's leave it at that.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an XD-M 9MM OSP ELITE. It came with 2 magazines that hold 22 rounds. I cannot get more than 20 into the things. I thought well maybe they are only 20 round mags. The indicator shows 19 rounds, so I went ahead and ordered another magazine, the package also said 22 round. It's identical to the original 2 that I got, and I can only get 20 into it as well. Does anyone else have this issue? Is the loader the only way to get 22 into it? I'm wondering if my gun will even be able to overcome the magazine spring tension when trying to chamber a round... am I wrong? 20 rounds plus 1 in the pipe is plenty, I'm not to worried about that. Just curious if I need to get the loader, and did anyone have FTF issues with a full magazine when it's new... All I know is my finger hurts from trying to get number 21 into ANY of these mags.
I also have an XD mod 2 .45 that came with a 9 round as well as a 13 round mag. I can load both with no issue. The 13 is damn tight getting the 13th into it, but it does go in. I absolutely don't have the finger strength to load the 9mm to capacity though

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Just get yourself a UpLula and save your fingers time and sanity. I never though I’d need one until I got a 19 rounder. I just load new ones up and let them sit for about a week to loosen up. It helps a lot but still can’t get the last ones in sometimes without the loader. Really hate it when my thumb slips and my nail gets hooked on the mag lip and gets ripped. :mad:

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Second the Uplula. Makes it much easier to load most double stack mags.

Once you do them loaded, let them set a week or so and it'll be a little easier to load them after that. Not "easy", but a little bit easier.

I have some 19 round CZ mags I couldn't load by hand when new. Load 19 in with the uplula, let them sit, and now I can, if I want, load them by hand. Not real easy, but I can do it.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Another supporter of the Uplula - even IF you can get all 22 rounds in the mag when sitting at the house with nice cool temps and dry hands, try doing it at a range or class with hot, sweaty, tired hands and it is a different story. Get the loader and save yourself the frustration!

Reactions: Drhillier

·
Registered
255 Posts
I can get 11 into the 19 round magazines without the loader...:cautious:

Reactions: Pandaz3

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Springfield believes in the 'Spring' part of it's name, same problem with XD mags in 40 even though a 12 round mag the last two are real trouble, I have several 22 round 9 MM XDM mags all loaded to the brim, but with a UpLula.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Be aware there are a lot of counterfeit UpLULA products on the market. Buy from Brownells, MidwayUSA, etc.
Amazon, Ebay, etc. aren't reliable in some cases.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone happen to have a model number for the upLULA? I've looked at midwayUSA and gunmagwarehouse, they list many of them, but nothing that specifically says springfield. Lots of glock, s&w etc but haven't seen one for springfield 9mm double stack. Thanks

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Anyone happen to have a model number for the upLULA? I've looked at midwayUSA and gunmagwarehouse, they list many of them, but nothing that specifically says springfield. Lots of glock, s&w etc but haven't seen one for springfield 9mm double stack. Thanks
No specific model number because Maglula fits all double and single stack magazines from .380 to 45 ACP.

This is the one you want: Maglula UpLULA Pistol Mag Loader Unloader Polymer Black

Don't settle for any other brand or style, or you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Get the pink one. :LOL: It’s easier to see in the bottom of your bag. Seriously they work from 9mm-45 but do make sure it’s the real Maglula.
I got the yellow one. It was couple dollars less at gunmag warehouse. Also bought a few magazines before the stupid ban starts on the 1st in this state.
Font Fluid Gas Cylinder Parallel

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the maglula in the mail today. What do you know? Those damn magazines DO hold 22 each. Lol thanks for the tip everyone. It works amazingly!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts