Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can .357 magnum ammo be fired in a .357 sig XD? Please, no newb comments, Im aware of it...

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
this aint' GlockTalk...you can ask questions like that here and not get 20 smart-ass remarks before you get to the answer you were looking for......

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
No, and here's why.

.357 SIG is a .40 S&W cartridge necked down to fire a .357 Caliber bullet. The resulting ballistics are comparable to .357 magnum, but aside from being MUCH shorter, and unrimmed, the rear of the case is fitted for a .40 caliber bullet.

The .357 magnum is, on the other hand, a straightwalled, rimmed, revolver cartridge, significantly longer and older than the .357 sig.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know the avg velocity of a .357 sig from a xd service...Thinking about adding one to the collection, but have no knowledge of the round.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does anyone know the avg velocity of a .357 sig from a xd service...Thinking about adding one to the collection, but have no knowledge of the round.
I believe it's about 1400 fps out of a 4 inch barrel with 125 gr. ammo. Smoking fast, that's why I just bought a .357 SIG barrel for my P229. I've also been collecting brass from my local range so I can reload. I believe you can get 1300 fps with 147 gr ammo. Awesome defense round.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I would only like to mention one thing to you about the .357 sig.

Ammo is expensive. It is not a "popular" round, or in demand. So production is limited.

I have a friend that has a Glock .357 sig. And he doesn't shoot it much.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
A buddy made the mistake once and bought .38 instead of .380....

It was very obvious that it would now work.

Luckily we had a .357 Mag there that we shot the .38 out of =)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would only like to mention one thing to you about the .357 sig.

Ammo is expensive. It is not a "popular" round, or in demand. So production is limited.

I have a friend that has a Glock .357 sig. And he doesn't shoot it much.
Thats what I figured, but I already have a reloading press set up, I would just need to get the dies for the .357...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts