Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1)))))this is my first post. My xd tactical model 40 fell to the bottom of my safe and the liquid from the anti-humidty cannister fell on it. Well found out to late and the gun rusted pretty good. The lower I completley disassembled and is good.

Bad part is I cannot do a full breakdown of the slide. The stainless cocking inidcator pin wont go in, its stuck out not allowing me to take off the back plate of the slide. I can pull on it abouta 1/4 in with a pair of needle nose. I hit it pretty good and nothing. I let it soke in oil for weeks and nothing, still stuck.

Dont have the cash for a gunsmith really and another kid. Any ideas on how to fix and places to get knew springs and any other tips to get this ready to work. Its pretty important it works good since it will be actually carried for work.

2))) any ideas for a good trigger to make it comparable to a glock, cus thats at i carry for work.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Try pushing in the button underneath the slide that releases the striker. If that doesn't work, try assembling it and pulling the trigger (only if you're sure the chamber is empty.)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Pics of the slide would help.

Try the blowout hole with canned air and/or degreaser. Careful. Eye protection...:cool:

Are you well versed in the function of the parts of the slide to determine if it's just the indicator or does the striker block move or is it stuck?

Can you move the striker manually?

Can you move the striker spring guide manually?

Each if these can help you locate the issue.

Anyone else got ideas out there?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Soak the slide in bore solvent, mineral spirits, or WD-10 so that the striker channel will clean out. Heck you can soak it in hot soapy water if nothing else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts