Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went into the day hoping to end up with my new XDS 45 4.0" and I struck out. Called all the local shops and even visited a large gun show that was happening this weekend. Nobody had the 4.0" slide version in 45.
Maybe soon somebody will get one in stock.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well that sucks. I got lucky and stumbled across the one I bought. Most shops I've been to have had them in stock. Guess there were a bunch of presents bought yesterday. ;) Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Well that sucks. I got lucky and stumbled across the one I bought. Most shops I've been to have had them in stock. Guess there were a bunch of presents bought yesterday. ;) Good luck on your search!

Off topic but my son would freak out over that real life version of tow mater...and we are back...to the thread point, when I can't find something locally, or if the local price is too high, I hit the net and order one to the cheapest LGS who will do the transfer...good luck!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Look on slickguns.com I bought my XDS 3.3 9mm for $475 off of there.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
My LGS had said he had problems ordering from SA. I then went online and got it myself really easy.
Excellent. I have ordered one gun online last Father's Day when PSA was having a huge sale on 1911s. Not only did I save a ton of money from the sale, but that sales tax savings was huge. I really do prefer to buy from my LGS and I don't mind paying a little extra over the online prices but paying sales tax is what is hard to swallow. I realize we need some taxes needs to be collect for local and state governments. But I'm sick of being taxed to death and our money being abused and wasted. For me this is what is attractive to buying online.

Enjoy that new 4.0. I never expected to love my XDS as much as I do.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I ran into the same thing when I bought mine. I'm very happy with the 3.3, but I wanted to at least compared the two side by side. I have since seen 14 inch model in a rural king store.
Went into the day hoping to end up with my new XDS 45 4.0" and I struck out. Called all the local shops and even visited a large gun show that was happening this weekend. Nobody had the 4.0" slide version in 45.
Maybe soon somebody will get one in stock.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I thought about that. I've never done a purchase online and don't know the details of that or trustworthy places to purchase. I do have an FFL who will do free transfers for me though.
Wow, if I had a local guy with an FFL doing free transfers I doubt I would ever buy local...the Internet process is very easy...name your dealer, they may already have a copy of his license, if not, he/she simply sends them a copy of it via fax, email, scan, etc...once they have that they send it to your dealer and you go there and inspect the gun, if all looks good, then do the background check, pass it and take the gun home.

If the gun is not up to par don't accept the transfer...period, have your guy send it back...watch the restock fees.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I found another local gun shop who is offering the lowest price I've found locally. Have my order placed with them. Will be in store in a few days. Buying online seemed to be a bit of a headache with merchants only accepting money order and charging huge shipping fees. I'd rather just buy it locally and be able to look it over before I hand over my cash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.