Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started having a problem with my Gen 3 HS 2000. After dry firing (to strip down, etc), the firing pin will stick and protrude out from the slide. I have had it jam rounds at the range and that worries me.

The first time this happened, I pulled the firing pin and cleaned the pin and hole in the slide (no lubrication. I reinstalled it dry). That fixed the problem for about 100 rounds, then the pin started sticking again. After the pin started sticking again, I put a small drop of oil on the pin and it didn't fix anything.

This time I am thinking about polishing the pin to see if any small burrs are causing the pin to stick. Has anyone else had this problem? Thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
on my gun, the pin that goes through the top of the slide that passes though the firing pin has to be lined up just so or it binds the firing pin. Check that out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually took a look at things today and noticed that the Firing pin dampner spring was missing. That is probably my problem. Now the question will be where to get one... Rumor has it that Springfield is not selling parts anymore. :cry:

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I have a spring picked out that I think should work for this damper spring. I didn't get around to ordering it today, I left work early to go do this: http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=26598

I will place the order on Friday along with other springs for where I work and should get them in a week or so. Joey if you email me your address I'll send you one for free to help verify that it works as the numbers say it will. :D

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
03RangerXLT said:
on my gun, the pin that goes through the top of the slide that passes though the firing pin has to be lined up just so or it binds the firing pin. Check that out.
Your pin may be deformed. If you post the words "WSU Cougars rule" I'll send you replacement pins for free. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
3mm x 16mm, or send me your address :D

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
WSU Cougars rule

I'll PM my addy? :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don, I got the spring this weekend and installed it.

Perfect fit and it fixed the problem. I had some doubts when I first looked at, I thought that the outside diameter was too large. After I disassembled the gun, it slid right in.

Thanks for the roll pins too.

Joey

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Let us know how it works at the range! All of my math says it should be fine, but yours is the first trial.

I have more on hand that I would send out for "proof trials" at no charge. Of course you will have to post "WSU Cougs rule" as the only charge (what the hell, it is all we got going for us this year other than some good stats),

·
Registered
339 Posts
What would the benefit of this spring be? And "WSU Cougs Rule" (although i'm not sure i would need one) :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
This is the spring that goes on the end of the striker that keeps the striker tip back in it's hole. The striker spring flings the striker forward - this spring keeps the striker shape from hammering out the hole in the slide when dry firing, and keeps the stiker tip (firing pin) from randomly popping up (sort of like prairie-dogging). :?
If you need one send me your email, but I doubt that this is a commonly needed spring. It mainly came up since Springfield was restricting access. This was just one that it seemed we could second-source if needed. I'll send them out with roll pins too, just because. 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts