Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, This is my first post to the forum but I have been reading it for almost five months. I bought my XDSC 9mm about three weeks ago. I learned more from you guys than I ever would on my own! My problem is that I was cleaning my pistol today and when I put it back together I noticed the striker retaining pin was missing. Any info on how to get one, how to install or how to keep it from happening would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
For the love of GOD.. DON'T VACUME!!! Your reatainer pin is there.. it's just hiding. I have spent more time on my hands and knees looking for that thing than I care to share!!

Just keep looking, it will turn up.

Raymond

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The good new is.. that you can pick up another roll pin at the hardware store if you need to..

Raymond

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the floor and I also clean my pistol and parts in a cardboard box just for that reason. What size is the pin and how do I put it back in. Thanks

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
No problemo' mi amigo (Thats ameri-spanish for "No problem My friend!) I am practicing for when we become mex-America... :lol:

There was a thread on this a while back.. http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=27309&highlight=roll+pin

Don said:
Look/ask for a 3mm x 16mm roll pin (also called a split pin). Local hardware or auto parts store may have them. Or email me your address and I'll drop some into the mail for you. :D

Welcome to the forum!
Raymond

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
the man... lol.. yes, the very strange man who shoots and plays on the computer alot.. that reminds me..

How are your WSU Cougars doing this year Don? Oregon is 10-1 this year.. I hope your Cougars are doing as well! :wink:

Raymond

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info Raymond. I will look for them tomarrow. If I don't have any luck I'll send a post and maybe Don will see it and have pitty on me since I'm new and it's Christmas. Thanks Carl

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
LOL.. now I feel bad about making fun of the Cougars.. they suck, but telling fans that they suck is not a great idea!!! but they do suck...

Anyway.. you should be able to find the role pin that you need at a hardware store.. if not Don will probably hook you up..

Raymond

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
The Cougs do not suck horribly. They were close to beating Oregon (well, closer at halftime when they led than later):
Paul Martinez made a 19-yard field goal with a second left to give (then) No. 11 Oregon a 34-31 victory over Washington State.
Not a decisive victory, but none the less a loss for the Cougars. Damned Cougs. Piece of stink Cougs. Lame-assed can't-keep-it-up Cougs. :x

The payment for free roll pins is you must post "WSU Cougs rule!" with no other comments about their suckiness. :wink:

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Don, Really great to hear from you. I"ve read quite a few of your posts in the last few months and you are one of the most knowledgeable XD people on the post. I tried 8 different places with no luck on the roll pin. To get help your quote is a small price to pay. "WSU COUGS RULE" How can I get your e-mail address so I can send you my mailing instructions? By the way, I only shot 400rds. through the weapon when this happened. It may sound like I am new and inexpierenced but I have been shooting for over 25 years and have 6 other handguns. Many, Many Thanks Carl

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Go Cougs! :D

You can click on one of the buttons at the bottom of my posts, the one that says "pm" or the one that says "email". They are easy to overlook, even I forget that they are there. :oops:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts