Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an XD40 about a month ago, and have shot it several times, an awesome gun. One thing I have noticed is that after about 50 rounds, the Striker Retainer pin begins pushing up from flush with the top of the gun to be about 1/8" above the top of the slide. Has anyone else had this same problem? If it is a problem does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix it myself or is it best to send it back to Springfield for repair?

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I think that ajamesp51 suggestion should work. If you wish to replace it outright it is a 3mm x16mm roll pin that you might find at a hardware store. I have checked at some stores just because and found them.
If you want some sent to you, email me your address and I'll drop some in the mail. I have a bunch on hand just to give away if needed.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would recommend replacing the pin or spreading it apart. A buddy of mine had the same problem and replaced the pin thinking that would solve it. His problem was a little different come to find out. His firing pin was striking the roll pin too hard and broke the new one. I suggested he inspect and sand (600 grit or finer) the place on the firing pin that contacts the roll pin. And, if that didn't work I'd send it back to Springfield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts