Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what kind of lube everyone uses on the side the the striker where it moves in the slide? Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
408 Posts
err i wouldnt use anything "buttery" in the striker hole. I personally cleaned mine out after a few hundred rounds of "break in" lightly polished where metal touched metal, and put on a very light coat of 65% moly grease.(<--molyloves steel) you would want to keep (wet) lubrication to a minimum inside the slide itself to avoid slowing ddown the striker from accumulated dirt/carbon orjust too much lube. I detail strip my XD every 1k rds so I am able to keep buildup in check.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
A little gun oil will do the trick. Just make sure it gets some lube...but I would stick to low viscosity oils rather than greases.
Gun butter isn't really recommended for moving things, like the slide, but for impact things at impact points, like maybe the face of the striker or lugs of a rifle. That's what they mean when they say, "It was designed to reduce the moment of inertia in moving parts and protection of high impact surfaces."

·
Registered
708 Posts
I asked Springfield Aromory's Gunsmith. HE said "Don't lubricate the Striker" Period. He said they get a lot in with FTF issues and all they do is clean the lube out of the striker.( With De-Greaser) That IS what He said. Call them if anyone wants to know from SA themselves.
Note: He was speaking of the actual Striker itself. Not the Striker retainer that the retaining pin goes through, the part copper tends to build up on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts