Springfield XD Forum banner

Striker Question

1K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  awbrollini 
#1 ·
This is my first striker fired pistol and wanted to know if there is a way to safely decock a loaded xd? Also, can the gun be damaged with dry firing? Thanks for the help!

#4 ·
eject the magazine, and rack the slide. The striker will not fire until all safeties have been disengaged. Point in a safe direction just in case.

Raymond

#9 ·
Jorday said:
how do i unload a loaded and cocked xd without firing it?
This question :shock: :shock: Scares :shock: :shock: me VERY MUCH!
This is basic firearms handling!
Captain Ray
eject the magazine, and rack the slide. The striker will not fire until all safeties have been disengaged. Point in a safe direction just in case.

Raymond
Follow these instructions and stay away from Minnesota and ME!

#10 ·
At least give the guy some credit for asking.. If a person doesn't know, and is brave enough to ask.. I think that is a good thing. There are too many who would just experiment.. and I think you will agree that that could be a recipe for disaster.

Raymond

#11 ·
Captain Ray said:
At least give the guy some credit for asking.. If a person doesn't know, and is brave enough to ask.. I think that is a good thing. There are too many who would just experiment.. and I think you will agree that that could be a recipe for disaster.

Raymond
I do agree!
But you could read YOUR INSTRUCTION MANUAL! :wink:
There are no stupid questions just stupid people!

#12 ·
read YOUR INSTRUCTION MANUAL!
Agreed.. but if you don't read your manual, don't be afraid to ask.. better to take a little ribbing from a grumpy bastard like BUG than to make a very bad mistake.

Raymond

#14 ·
only if you are going to use the pistol to kill Llamas.. and don't scuba dive with it in the Caribbean.. the barracuda are agitated by shiny things, and will attack.

Raymond

#17 ·
XD BACKUP GUN said:
Captain Ray said:
only if you are going to use the pistol to kill Llamas.. and don't scuba dive with it in the Caribbean.. the barracuda are agitated by shiny things, and will attack.

Raymond
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why only Llamas?
Well.. because!

Sheesh!

Llamas are stupid.. and if you are going to shoot a stupid animal, that doesn't taste good, and has little or no value.. and spits (that is annoying!) and people still pay $1500 to own one.. well.. I guess you could shoot it with a non polished barrel.. but shooting it with a polished barrel is more fun.

Why would anyone own a Llama anyway?! I just don't get it.. I would rather own a yak.. Yaks are cool! Does anyone know how much Yak manure lies on the plains of the Himalayas? I bet there is a lot!

Anyway.. trust me on the barracuda.. they are agitated by shiny things..

Raymond

#18 ·
Captain Ray said:
XD BACKUP GUN said:
Captain Ray said:

Raymond
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why only Llamas?
Well.. because!

Sheesh!

Llamas are stupid.. and if you are going to shoot a stupid animal, that doesn't taste good, and has little or no value.. and spits (that is annoying!) and people still pay $1500 to own one.. well.. I guess you could shoot it with a non polished barrel.. but shooting it with a polished barrel is more fun.

Why would anyone own a Llama anyway?! I just don't get it.. I would rather own a yak.. Yaks are cool! Does anyone know how much Yak manure lies on the plains of the Himalayas? I bet there is a lot!

Anyway.. trust me on the barracuda.. they are agitated by shiny things..

Raymond
Actually llamas are of great commercial benefit due to the wool they produce. The husbandry of llamas is slowly spreading from South America to the US and Canada for this reason. Camels spit too but I bet an arab would rather shoot you for spitting then his camel, so that is not a good reason either. Maybe you should pick another animal, like a possum.

#19 ·
XD BACKUP GUN said:
Captain Ray said:

Raymond
I do agree!
But you could read YOUR INSTRUCTION MANUAL! :wink:
There are no stupid questions just stupid people!
I agree with XDBUG here. RTFM. I also find it disturbing that people buy guns and have no idea how they work. Take a gun safety course.

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.