Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got back to the range today. I've owned my XD40 V10 for 7 months now. In the first 3 months I put 2000 rounds through my XD, but only 200 rounds in the last 4 months, before today.

[ramble][rant]
I'm sure most everybody is feeling the stress from the Christmas shopping, traffic, etc. It also seems that any bills that I have to pay annually are in December too. I went to my first company sponsored Christmas party on Saturday, why didn't anybody ever tell me how bad those suck? Sunday, I did laundry... and washed my cell phone. There goes another $110 bucks, when I'm already strapped for cash, thank god it wasn't more... I hate being a college graduate and still doing manual labor in a warehouse, hard to find a new job when I'm working all the time too.:twisted:
[/rant][ramble]

So, I went to the range today after work and let 200 rounds fly. It really felt great when I pulled the trigger and the first round landed just up and to the right of the X in the center circle of Osama's chest. Most of the rest of my shots weren't quite that good, I can still see that I'm anticipating the recoil, but it is a drastic improvement from the very first time I took my XD to the range 7 months ago. The guy in the lane next to me was shooting a little .22 rifle with his young son and was happy with the holes I made in Osama. His comments and watching him shoot with his son, made things even better.

Sorry for that little ramble and rant, but I do feel much better now that I've been to the range for some stress relief. If only paying for ammo didn't contribute to stress.... Oh well, can't have it all. :)

jonas

·
Registered
52 Posts
sounds like stress coming out just as finals finish. My XD has helped me though many a testing weekend. Dry firing while studying (ammo well away) is almost a nervous habit. Luckily, come to find out this afternoon, I passed all of the classes. Now its time to celebrate with the XD...and maybe pick up a friend for it...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts