Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see several of these on Ebay and most say for Glock rails. Are the Glock rails different than the XD or any other rail?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
My Insights Technology M3 and M6, which are the same as the Streamlight, I believe, fits my Glocks, XDs, adapters on my AR-15 and Remingto 870. The rail on H&Ks is different, and maybe others, but the type on XDs is the most common.

EDIT: Except XD subcompacts, they take a shorter light.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Snake-eater 1 said:
My Insights Technology M3 and M6, which are the same as the Streamlight, I believe, fits my Glocks, XDs, adapters on my AR-15 and Remingto 870. The rail on H&Ks is different, and maybe others, but the type on XDs is the most common.

EDIT: Except XD subcompacts, they take a shorter light.
So Insights Technology and Streamlight both make a M3?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok.....one more question. Will the Streamlight M3X work on a Service XD? Would that be a good choice or should I go with a M3.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The M3X will work on a Service or Tactical XD.

It all depends on how much you want to spend. I bought my M3 before there were M3Xs and I don't see any reason to upgrade.

·
Registered
580 Posts
ken_mays said:
The M3X will work on a Service or Tactical XD.

It all depends on how much you want to spend. I bought my M3 before there were M3Xs and I don't see any reason to upgrade.
yes. ANYTHING that fits glock rails, will fit the XD rails. they made them the same on purpose. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Might look at the Surefire X200. I have one and it is awesome. Fits my xd40 and my glock 22. It has 1 l.e.d and it shines a blue tint. Looks like h.i.d lighting on the new mercedez or bmw's

·
Registered
94 Posts
LED's are great...they have incredible running time and they're virtually indestructable. Now obviously the LED does not produce the same amount and quality of light that a bulb can, but is it still effective as a tactical light when it comes to temporarily blinding people?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks fellows..... I just ordered the Streamlight M-3X for $134 and some change shipped to my zip. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts