Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range this morning and put 120 rounds through my approx three week old 45c. This is the second range visit with this gun. Today I loaded 3 13rd magazines (with 12 or 13 rounds) shot through then and started over loading the three again shot through them. It was during the 7th and 9th mag that I had a FTF incident. By this time I was using only 230gr FMJ WWB, ealier I shot 20 Winchester X 185gr silver tips and a 10 or so 185gr FMJ WWB.

Both times I squeezed the trigger to take up the play and then squeezed again to fire. Nothing happened and I'm 99.9% sure that the trigger went all the way back. I did not hear a click and the gun stayed cocked. On a second try both rounds fired.

Maybe I was tired and just thought I depressed the trigger all the way or maybe the XD malfunctioned. Anyone have this happen to them or any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
pull harder is the only thing I can think of....

·
Registered
364 Posts
never had an issue myself.

it may be that you let up on your palm grip or did not contact the trigger safety properly. if you slip a mm off the trigger safety, it will not fire.

try a few times dry.. see what happens.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Does the gun have a trigger job or any other non OEM parts recoil spring, sear srping etc..?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
never had an issue myself.

it may be that you let up on your palm grip or did not contact the trigger safety properly. if you slip a mm off the trigger safety, it will not fire.

try a few times dry.. see what happens.
This may well be the case. At the point that the 2 FTFs happened I was getting tired and was distracted by the guy in the next booth with his laser sight.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
OK, the reason I asked is because drop in trigger parts will cause this kind of problems if not fitted correctly. Light recoil springs will cause the gun to not go into battery which causes it not to fire when the trigger is pulled and light sear springs will cause the gun not to cock sometimes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts