Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the .357 Sig barrel for my XDM40 and it was well worth it. I can get 2 to 2-1/2in groups at 25yrd with most loads I've tried so far. I haven't even tried to tweek the loads for better performance or even tried to shoot my absolute best ,I just pick something to try and it shoots great. Worth every penny,but not a lot cheaper to reload than the 40.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
two bullets I have tried are the Hornady 125 HAP(XTP) and Berry's 125 HBFP .I asked Berry's which bullet will work and he e-mailed me with that one , and said most people that have tried it have had great results, and so far I'm agreeing with him. I've got 124 Rainers coming hope they work otherwise I might have a 9mm in my future:D

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Bullets simply labeled 9mm (or .355-.356) most often will not fit well with the 357SIG cartride case due to the short neck and generally long ogive profile of 9mm bullets. However, a round specified or recommended by Berry or other major bullet manufacturers for the 357SIG should fit. The round has been available long enough for proper bullets to be marketed. Some will be more or less accurate in your pistol, buy smaller quantities unless you also load for 9mm and can use it there. You may want to read Pete's complete 357Sig pages in addition to the handload page.
edit: moved to: http://www.handguninfo.com/Archive/www.Pete-357.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts