Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of or had problems with "lip creep" when keeping their XDM mags loaded for long periods of time? I know this has been a problem with aluminum AR mags but have seen nothing regarding the XDM's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Me either, my mags are always loaded. Interesting thought though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
That's a new one on me.

Lip creep? I would think that any metal fatigue is just like it is with springs - stresses changing cause wear, not steady state pressures. So loading/unloading weaken springs and cause mag lips to bend.

I'll admit that I could be wrong - anybody know any different?

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
IMO,
A properly designed and loaded magazine, will not experience this phenomenon called lip creep ... Over load it, or design it from inadequate materials, and anything is possible.

Factory XD/XDm magazines are of a good design, and built using quality materials.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
No, but I saw some Hollywood actresses with creepy lips from all the silicone injections...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
10 mags, fully loaded for several years. Use them often. No issues. Stored for a month at most before use. I detail clean them every couple months.
No problems, work fine, feed fine. This thing just keeps on going and going and going....... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
174 Posts
This is kinda funny 'cause I actually asked Springfield Customer Service about this a couple months ago. They recommended to download mags by one round for long-term storage, but that it's not really necessary since their mags are made out of high quality steel that doesn't really flex.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.