Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the local PS today and the "gun guy" was telling a customer to get the xdm instead of the xd because their distributor told him that Springfield would soon stop selling the xd and the xdm would be the complete line from then on. He said that several vendors had told him the same thing. I haven't heard this is it just sales BS to sell the xdm or is the xd on limited time? Down here in Sourth Ark we are sometimes behind the times in current news.
Thanks,
tbird

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
This is the first I have heard anything like this. I could see it happening though, with SA wanting to scale back their production lines.

But if they did, and you want their very popular XDsc, better get 'em now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was in the local PS today and the "gun guy" was telling a customer to get the xdm instead of the xd because their distributor told him that Springfield would soon stop selling the xd and the xdm would be the complete line from then on. He said that several vendors had told him the same thing. I haven't heard this is it just sales BS to sell the xdm or is the xd on limited time? Down here in Sourth Ark we are sometimes behind the times in current news.
Thanks,
tbird
**** if they do they better make sure its purchasable in effin California. The would lose a lot of money if they stop selling to CAlifornia, the XDm is not on the roster. Im not sure if NY has a "handgun roster" like California. Im sure they need 10 round mags tho.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
N.E.Tx.XD,
I hear you, that was why I was wondering. Finally find one you really like and that fits and go figure...... guess the SC will be next then the tactical. Now just have to figure out how to explain it to the wife. I know I will be helping the economy, yeah thats the ticket.....
tbird

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
At the Shot Show this was a question I asked every person from Springfield: Is the classic XD going away? This was direct from several people at S.A. including the owner.

Every one of them answered in their own way that: The Classic XD and XDm are two different series. Neither will go away. They are catering to different customers. The XDm was an upgraded version with more features, but the Classic XD is still there for those who do not want to spend the money on the XDm. The XD sells more than the XDm by a large margin and they do not want to effect the business what worked in the past still works. The XDm and XD manufacturing set ups, are set up with one not cannibalizing the other. The two series are just different options that are available for a wide variety of customers.

S.A. just rereleased the older essentials package to prove this point. Basically the XD is slowly raising more and more in price. So to help this the essentials pack gets rid of the extra stuff to focus on the pistol and lower the price again to reach even more customers. Only available in the Classic XD Service in 9mm/40sw (which your sources said was going away).

·
Registered
15 Posts
At the Shot Show this was a question I asked every person from Springfield: Is the classic XD going away? This was direct from several people at S.A. including the owner.

Every one of them answered in their own way that: The Classic XD and XDm are two different series. Neither will go away. They are catering to different customers. The XDm was an upgraded version with more features, but the Classic XD is still there for those who do not want to spend the money on the XDm. The XD sells more than the XDm by a large margin and they do not want to effect the business what worked in the past still works. The XDm and XD manufacturing set ups, are set up with one not cannibalizing the other. The two series are just different options that are available for a wide variety of customers.

S.A. just rereleased the older essentials package to prove this point. Basically the XD is slowly raising more and more in price. So to help this the essentials pack gets rid of the extra stuff to focus on the pistol and lower the price again to reach even more customers. Only available in the Classic XD Service in 9mm/40sw (which your sources said was going away).
so the essentials package is just the gun?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Murr1525, that is good to hear it makes me all warm and fuzzy now. time to get that sc9 now.
Thanks,
tbird

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just like Fuzz415 says, losing the XD would cripple us living in the Republic of California since the XDm series are too adult for us children out here...

Glad to read that appears to not be the caase!:oops:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts