Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't help but think to myself, why is everyone soo worried about this grip zone thing? My gun is one of three places, in my holster, in my hand or in a case. All of which, you don't see the "Grip Zone."

I have a feeling Gen4 owners are trolling Mod.2 owners. Don't be trolled into putting talon grips on your mod.2 your better than that!

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
except i like talon grips and i dont like the "grip zone" on the frame. i guess im just a gen 4 troll.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Grip zone can suck it. And I don't even own a gen4. Glocksuckers can suck it too. I got rid of my Grip Zone. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
The correct answer is buy an XDM to begin with or use Talon Tape. That grip zone business is straight up idiotic and whoever signed off on that needs drawn, quartered, burned, dipped in acid, and shot into the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
The correct answer is buy an XDM to begin with or use Talon Tape. That grip zone business is straight up idiotic and whoever signed off on that needs drawn, quartered, burned, dipped in acid, and shot into the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you don't like it?

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Grip zone can suck it. And I don't even own a gen4. Glocksuckers can suck it too. I got rid of my Grip Zone. Couldn't be happier.
Speaking of Grip Zones where's the pics mofickle?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Well now I feel like a dick.
Nah man, its all good. Got home last night after picking it up. Wife was freaking out. Had to go home today for the mobile vet. Dog was not having it. Head-butted the vet right in the nuts and dropped him. Could have been worse If he wasn't wearing a muzzle. Ill get some pics shortly.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Nah man, its all good. Got home last night after picking it up. Wife was freaking out. Had to go home today for the mobile vet. Dog was not having it. Head-butted the vet right in the nuts and dropped him. Could have been worse If he wasn't wearing a muzzle. Ill get some pics shortly.
Could be worse. He got us banned for life at PetSmart.
image.jpeg

·
Registered
9,579 Posts
I was at my LGS about an hr ago and a guy came in looking to trade-in his Mod2 w/Grip Zone...a nice looking bitone 4". To be honest, the silly lettering on the grip (zone 1, I believe) was barely noticeable. Still there, and still silly, but it doesn't stand out.

Molds are expensive...to design, to engineer, to produce, and to maintain. But they do wear out eventually. Hopefully when it's time is up, the shot-callers at SA will nix the Grip Zone and either A) texture the sides, or B) develop interchangeable palm swells a lá HK P30 so end-users can decide what freakin' zone they wish to occupy.

BTW, I don't know how much homeboy got for his Mod2 (I left shortly after he came in), but he was wanting a SA Range Officer so...good for him.

·
Registered
78 Posts
How long before Springfield catches on and gets rid of that idiotic stain on an otherwise perfect pistol?

Reactions: rickbntx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Was at the range last Saturday with a bud that I've known for years (served together as well). Pulled out my brand new Mod2 5" and he made a remark about buying another butt ugly Grip Zone gun (he's Glock fanboy). I told him he didn't know the difference nice looking and ugly 'cause I've seen your wife. He hasn't made any snide remarks about my pistols all week.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I own both a Mod.2 and a Gen 4 Glock. Trust me, the Gen 4 on the Glock slide looks like it belongs on a gun. The Mod.2 also has "Mod.2" on the slide, and it doesn't look out of place.

"GRIP ZONE" looks like it belongs on a toothbrush, or a tennis racket.

Don't take me the wrong way, I really like my Mod.2; great shooting, dependable, very comfortable. I fully embrace the GRIP ZONE when I'm actually shooting the gun, it's a very nice zone to grip, there is no question.

Marketing wise, printing "GRIP ZONE" on the grip may either been one of the stupidest things a gun manufacturer has even done, or one of the most brilliant.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts