Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon my ignorance here...looking at putting together another carbine and trying to pick the right stock and buffer tube...gonna build a standard AR carbine with 16 inch barrel...should I get Milspec or Commercial for this? Thanks in advance guys/gals.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Both my Colts have milspec tubes and H-buffers.

Both are 16" rifles (the 6920 and 6940 models).

I see no advantage in going any other route since most of the top shelf ARs (Colt, BCM, LMT, Daniel Defense) 16" carbines come with milspec tubes and H buffers.

-brickboy240

·
Registered
392 Posts
The honest answer = it doesn't matter for any other reason other than the below.
If you chose the milspec tube you need to purchase a milspec stock because commercial stocks fit lose on milspec tubes.

Milspec stock will not fit at all on a commercial tube.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
The honest answer = it doesn't matter for any other reason other than the below.
If you chose the milspec tube you need to purchase a milspec stock because commercial stocks fit lose on milspec tubes.

Milspec stock will not fit at all on a commercial tube.
^^^THIS^^^

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, just ordered a Magpul Milspec stock in black, upon your advice...very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Milspec is size as well as material milspec metal is 7075 Aluminum almost twice as strong as 6061. If that matters.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Both my Colts have milspec tubes and H-buffers.

Both are 16" rifles (the 6920 and 6940 models).

I see no advantage in going any other route since most of the top shelf ARs (Colt, BCM, LMT, Daniel Defense) 16" carbines come with milspec tubes and H buffers.

-brickboy240
How ya like the 6940?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts