Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to stock up on ammo for all my guns, Im looking to get at least 1000 rounds for each gun. Im not that familiar with ammo web sites, and have found a variety of prices and was wondering if some of the more compitant internet ammo buyers could help me find the best deals on ammo.

I am looking for
.40 S&W
7.62x39
7.62x54r

I do not need the most accurate ammo, I am just looking for ammo that will go boom every time

any help is welcome...

·
Registered
58 Posts
AIM Ammunition Ammunition

Cope's Distributing

Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC

There are more out there, but the three websites listed above have decent prices. I have ordered from all of the above sites, and they all came through. Reputable people. I would order from any of them again.

7.62x39 (I'd personally spend the extra ~$4 per case to get the Wolf Mil Classic or Golden Tiger; the regular black box Wolf will work fine too though- just slightly less accurate in my opinion)=

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=7011&dir=18|830|852

AIM Wolf 7.62x39 124grn FMJ Military Classic Wolf 7.62x39 124grn FMJ Military Classic

Cope's Distributing

7.62x54R (There's a little cheaper stuff to be found, but Polish is considered to be some of the best quality around. I'd pay the extra couple bucks to get it personally. The heavy ball isn't bad though either; few dollars cheaper.)=

AIM Polish 7.62x54R 147grn Silver Tip Light Ball Polish 7.62x54R 147grn Silver Tip Light Ball

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=6991&dir=18|830|853

.40S&W? To be honest, Wal-Mart might be your best bet. Either that or look around for another sporting goods type store that might carry it- look for it to be on sale. Dicks Sporting Goods usually will run some deals on UMC pistol ammo.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I order from ammunition to go about 2-3 a month. They have really good prices and don't make money from shipping charges. Best Federal match .308 price I have found!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
i too plan on stocking up on ammo, just what kind do you guys stock up on? do you get self defense or just target ammo? i have only stocked target but then i started to think why not defense ammo?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I just ordered 300 rounds of Bulgarian HB 7.62x54r for $50 from AIM which is still a good price compared to other commercial ammo. I've heard good things about this stuff, looking forward to trying my first lot of surplus.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Sportsmans Guide makes it easy to buy lots of ammo (or other stuff). They have a "membership fee" (like Sam's Club), but for that fee you get discounted prices on everything you buy, and you have the option for an interest free 4-pay plan on any order over $115.

Shipping is reasonable, and they are always emailing me shipping and merchandise coupons.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Sportsmans Guide makes it easy to buy lots of ammo (or other stuff). They have a "membership fee" (like Sam's Club), but for that fee you get discounted prices on everything you buy, and you have the option for an interest free 4-pay plan on any order over $115.

Shipping is reasonable, and they are always emailing me shipping and merchandise coupons.
+1. The 4-pay plan helps out abit and the membership really helps.

·
Registered
374 Posts
As far as .40 S&W goes, Blazer Brass. I picked some up at walmart tonight for $12.97/box of 50. With a 10% employee discount card and tax I got 100rds for $25 (includes tax). That's 10 bucks cheaper than what my walmart would charge me for WWB.

·
Registered
815 Posts
ya as far as .40 goes ur almost better off buying it at walmoart(blazer) than buying in bulk off line!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I buy my 7.62x39 at AMMOMAN. Wolf ammo 1000 rounds, $199.00 delivered to my door. Next day service. Can't beat that.

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
I am fairly stocked on 7.62 x 39, right now. Had a bunch to begin with, then a friend of mine sold off all his Ak's to standardize on AR-15's, so he sold me three unopened cases of 7.62 x 39, this summer.

I am focusing on .308. Just got 400 rounds of Bosnian Battle Pack. Looks like the German M80 ball NATO is coming back in at reasonable prices. Got some on order.

I am getting there!!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
pic test!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I see your preparing for the Obama senerio. Smart move.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
368 Posts
+1 on .40SW Blazer Brass at Wal Mart. I paid $12.47

Also +1 on ammunitiontogo.com and wideners.com I have done business with both, but it seems like you'll never find the best deal across all calibers from one place. wideners seems like they are always out of the most affordable ammo except wolf which I shy away from.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts