Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock sights on my xd-9 and the rear sight is rather loose. Not loose enough that it moves when I shoot but very easy to move by hand, is there a set screw somewhere that I'm missing? Or is it supposed to be rather loose?

·
Registered
143 Posts
they should not be loose at all. i just had a set of trijicons installed my xd40 & the slide had to be put on a press to remove them.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats what I was thinking but I wasn't sure if there is a set screw or something that can be tightened

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have the stock sights on my xd-9 and the rear sight is rather loose. Not loose enough that it moves when I shoot but very easy to move by hand, is there a set screw somewhere that I'm missing? Or is it supposed to be rather loose?
XD's are known for extrodinarily tight sights. If yours is loose, something is not right. Call SA and they should take care of it.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I posted the following comments in a more recent thread, but it definitely applies to your situation:

I recently purchased a new XD-9sc w/ factory installed Trijicon tritium night sights. The gun came with the front sight so loose that you could move it side-to-side in the dovetail with your finger. The rear sight was installed biased to the left as viewed from the shooting position. Springfield Armory authorized a return of the slide to fix the front sight, and, in twelve days' turnaround time, I received it with a solidly attached front sight, although they did not explain what the fix entailed, contrary to my request. Finally able to take it to the range, it definitely shot left, easily fixable by moving the rear sight to the right with a gunsmith's sight pusher. My point - although SA has good customer service, where the sight alignment and installation comes in, they may have some quality control isssues.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a bunch, looks like I'll be giving SA a call and shipping them my slide, maybe that will give me time to polish my barrel

·
Registered
902 Posts
You can send them just the slide, but if you send the whole weapon & politely request a test-fire on the range they will also make sure the sight is correctly positioned through actual use.

My SC9 originally shot a bit low with the stock sights but they made a pretty accurate little beast out of it by the time I got her back with the NS upgrade, and customer service specifically mentioned they would have made the stock sights correct if I did not upgrade. The quote was 'we guarantee accuracy' (within decent standard for a defensive gun) IIRC.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
from what I have read about the XD sights they are in most cases very tight and hard to move so I would say that yours are not right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts