Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting my xd-45 stippled. If yall have any pics or thoughts on this they would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I did mine myself w/ a small tip soldering iron. Go slow, random pattern, turns out quite nice for little effort.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys
I have a few questions about the talon grips, they have ones that are just skateboard tape stick ons and they also have the textured rubber stick ons. which one would give me the closest feel to the stippling?
fredj338- do you have any pics you can post?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Textured rubber is what I have on my .45, I love the grip! Never held a weapon with stippling, so I can't compare. I will say this, try the talon grips. If you still want stippling, take the talon off and stipple your grip. If you stiple first, that's it. No taking it back.

·
Registered
144 Posts
^ What he said!

I've got the rubber Talon Grips on my XDS .45 and XDM 9mm. I absolutely LOVE the feel of these grips, especially on the .45. I couldn't stand the serrations on the factory grip. The rubber texture makes a HUGE difference, in my opinion. Prior to purchasing the Talon Grips, I read a lot of folks prefer the rubber texture for concealed carry. Get them both and see how you like them...they're pretty cheap.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys
I have a few questions about the talon grips, they have ones that are just skateboard tape stick ons and they also have the textured rubber stick ons. which one would give me the closest feel to the stippling?
fredj338- do you have any pics you can post?
I'll have to take one & post it, but you can google grips stippling, lots fo cool textures have been done. I prefer stippling to rubber, rubber just grabs everything & a grip can be too sticky just as it can be too slippery IMO. Coming out of the holster, get the grip off a bit with rubber, it stays off thru your shooting. Get it wrong with grip tape or stippling, an adjustment can easily be made by just relaxing the grip. To each his own, that is just me. Plus if you CCW, rubber grabs at your cover garment, you are always adjusting things. Also rubber adds to the bulk of the grip, not good on the XD unless you can palm a basketball.
With stippling or tape, you can adjust how aggressive you want things. With tape, just rub off the texture to your liking. With stippling, go small dots or larger, depends on how much grip you want. I find all plastic frames guns slippery, unless they have aggressive checkering.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had xtreme xgrips rubber texture on my xdm 3.8 compact for about three years when sold the gun, great product. Stippling looks good but not sure about the texture never had one and probably never will Im not into doing mods to the gun than can't not be reversed later.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the replies, i think I'm going to try the talon grips for now and see how they do until i can make up my mind on the stippling.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Xdguy...you won't be disappointed. The good thing about these grips is they're not permanent, -can be easily taken off, and leaves hardly any tacky residue. For the remaining residue a simple wipe down of rubbing alcohol will suffice. I just removed the grips off of my 9mm because I wanted to change the backstrap. They can't be reused but they're cheap enough to buy a few of them. AWESOME product and they make a world of difference. Post your feedback when you've installed and tested them out. I know you'll love them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the rubber Talon Grips on several XD's and they are great. They have been on my XDS 45 for about a year and a half and still look brand new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts