Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking it would be great to get my lower frame or atleast the grips of the lower frame stippled on my XD40. I contacted Tom at Heritage Firearms in Texas. He can do it for $50, but my only problem is that I need to see pictures from you guys so I can show him the style I like. He doesn't take pictures of his work....

Thanks! :D

General Jackson

·
Registered
277 Posts
Here is mine I did on my XD-9 Tact., and G-17. Notice the small 'X' in the dimpples. Just get a soldering iron, the one here in the pic just cost $3.00, and hack off the amount of thickness you want. Add a design, I put an 'X' on mine. And start dipping your dimpples :p . It's easy and not hard to do. Just put a little fan in front of you to blow that smell away, unless the smell of plastic dosen't bother you. Just press firmly and start going. If you mess up your pattern just go back over it. It will shape out. I did not stipple the right side, so the stipple does not slow up the draw. I put big dimpples so my hands can sink in pretty well. I got the Idea from Rob Leathem. Some gunsmiths charge at least $40-$90, to do the stipple. But it's all up to you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pics of my stippled grip

Love it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late reply - Thanks for the feedback. The pictures look great. I may wait before I do my own stippling job. I was thinking about getting the stick-on grips that are made to fit the XD. Have any of you messed with those before?

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I love it so much that i put it on my Tactical, my wifes Service and one of my Sigs...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Grip. (plus looks :wink: )

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Tom did my XD. I really like it. It turned out great and at $50, it is a bargain.

Note: When you get it back, you will need to take some sandpaper to the area, to knock down the sharp peaks and the areas that rub. It is best to take some sandpaper to the range with you, for the first few trips and buff while you shoot.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well I have been reading and reseaching the mods for a XD for some time now and well now that I have my new tactical ACP 45 I figured if its good enough for Rob its good enough for me so I stipplied the grip .... uh about ten minutes ago.... so give some feedback ( pics are a little rough due to the fact that its a camera phone ) let me know if my work is good enough to pass as a $50 pro job... Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
yea go with grip tape b/c if you fuk up just peal it off and it looks better
my .02

1 - 13 of 13 Posts