Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Long time viewer, first time poster

Does anyone have any idea how SA stipples the custom XD's with mag wells or has anyone had any experence doing there own?

Thanks

spankymac

SA XD 40 Tactical
SA 1911-A1 Trophy Match 45acp

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you please go in to detail, i hate to mame my grip.

Thanks

spankymac

·
Registered
276 Posts
1st completely strip the frame down to the bare frame. Then grind of all the cast in checkering, humps and bumps, raise and radis the junction of the trigger guard and the grip, being very, very carefully not to grind a hole in the frame. Then stipple the frame with whatever tool you make (or make). We machined a couple of various dies which we then welding to the tip of a sildering iron. Other shops probably do it different. By the way, the grind makes a mess, and the stippling sinks bad..........

Or you could just send us the gun and we would do it for you for $125.00 and ship it back within 2 weeks...........

·
Registered
85 Posts
i pointed up the checkering on the xd's frame with several styles of riffler files($9 kit).
mostly where the finger tip pads and first joints wrap around the frame.
additionally, where the web of the thumb and thumb meat touch the frame.
its tedious.
but now the handle really grabs the skin.
several hours watching tv will get it done.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
I sent my XD Tactical to Heritage Arms in Texas. They stippled the frame for $50, which included the return freight. They did an awesome job and I am very happy with it. Like all stippling job, you will need to buff and sand in the areas where the grip rubs you wrong. I did this with a Dremel and a sanding wheel. It took about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for a great deal of information. I'm testing different tips now, I hope to post some pics in a week or so.

Thanks once more!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Old School said:
I sent my XD Tactical to Heritage Arms in Texas. They stippled the frame for $50, which included the return freight. They did an awesome job and I am very happy with it. Like all stippling job, you will need to buff and sand in the areas where the grip rubs you wrong. I did this with a Dremel and a sanding wheel. It took about 5 minutes.

I live by Heritage, and I have to say they do a great job with the stippling especially for the price. Two of the employees let me handle their Glocks, and it was pretty grippy.

This is coming from someone who doesn't like stippling much in general 8)
-hype

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone have a link or e-mail address for Heritage Arms?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Call Heritage and ask for Tom. I believe he is the owner. Tell him what you want, mention the XD, and he will understand. He has done several from this forum alone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts