Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I rented one at the local range and I could not get it to jam and the range does not clean or maintain their gunsl.

I am wondering about the FTF/FTE's that I hear about. I am curious if you guys have noticed whether or not people that have reported problems have had other people fire their pistols?

I have seen more than a few times at the range where a Glock jams with the owner but someone else picks it up and it works fine...

Not necessarily limp wristing but possibly just grip?
I wonder if the XD's have the issue...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I have a hard time making my XDSC have a failure even when limp wristing. I shot off a few mags weak hand unsupported and every shot went bang. Whether it hit paper is another story. People who usually have FTE,FTF around here usually happens to their own guns when they are shooting it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
remat457 said:
I am wondering about the FTF/FTE's that I hear about. I am curious if you guys have noticed whether or not people that have reported problems have had other people fire their pistols? Not necessarily limp wristing but possibly just grip? I wonder if the XD's have the issue...
Cannot get my xd-40sc to hicup either. Flawless thru two cases of ammo and is my daily carry.

All machined products will have the potential to malfunction and the only way to find out is to buy one. Nice thing is, if it does you have the backing of the company to look to. Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had my xd-40sc jam on me about 10% of the time through the first 150 rounds. It is just part of the break in for me. It was with wwb 165 g. It wasn't the gun though, it was the mags. After the break in, it has been flawless. I just had to break in the mags.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My XD40SC Had 1 Failure to load fully into the chamber at round 80, I am now at round 900 with only that 1 failure to speak of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My XD40sc is still fairly new with about 300 rounds through it. Ive not had a single problem with it so far, have tried out both mags and just recently purchased the 12 rd mag from XD-Gear which performs flawlessly as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i ahve a Tactical in 5in 40 XD - not a SC but it is a Springfield XD - the only problem i have had was with 100 rounds of PMC target ammo - feeding issues. after taking them to the shop, i found out the crimp on the ammo sucked. Winchester and Federal have ran great (300 of each), plus i have reloaded over 1000 rounds of that brass (PMC, Winchester, and Federal) without a hitch. spend the money on some good ammo and do not look back - after you buy your 40 SC XD of course.

my 2 cents - enjoy the XD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts