Springfield XD Forum banner

Still no .22LR

3K views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  xdshooter28 
#1 ·
When is the last time anyone saw .22 ammo for sale? (Not counting the rip-off sales at gun shows and Armslist). I haven't seen it on any store shelves since Sandy Hook.

#2 ·
I find it on occasion at the local stores.

#6 ·
I have been able to get .22LR regularly at Cabelas. Free shipping to the store and prices have been decent. LGS had Remington Golden Bullet 1400 round bucket for $69 back in March. I passed on it.

Daughter, SIL and I went through about 1,000 rounds a few days ago when they were in town for a visit. Still have 8-9K rounds left.

kypix

#7 ·
It's still not looking good.

#10 ·
I stop by wally world every morning after work before they stock their ammo shelves I usually see 22lr once every 3 weeks or so. It is usually bought up before it even hits the shelves. On the bright side I have close to 12k rounds of it ;)
... And then most of it goes right onto gunbroker. Walmart prices are not in line with economic principles which helps keep the cycle going.

#12 ·
It's been starting to pop up more recently in my LGS. But the prices are still really high. I don't shoot much .22 but I have over 2k rounds. That'll hold me over until prices come back down (if ever).

#13 ·
You guys are lucky. I know there are a crap ton of ******** in central florida, but I haven't seen .22 in stores under $.08/rd in ages.

#14 ·
I got lucky at WM last month, picked up 2-550 round Remington bricks for $21.97 each!

Our LGS/range will occasionally get the Winchester M-22 bricks priced at $35...not bad for a small store.

#16 ·
If I happen to be in a lgs, or at wallyworld or academy, I may stop by the gun counter, but not doing any special trips for it.... haven't seen .22 in months.

Occasionally, I will find it at Cabelas, and recently, just got two boxes, a 333 box of Federal, and a 500 box of Winchester (I think) for less than $0.06 / round. I won't pay more than that for .22lr.

One of these days, supply will catch up with demand, but not going to hold my breath. I will say that my high-volume .22 shooting has been modified quite a bit.

#19 ·
We used to shoot 1k or more per trip to the range. This last trip for the 4th we shot more than normal and it was still less than 200 rds. We certainly go more for quality shots instead of qty. We do more reactive targets too which take more setup time between rds but keeps the fun... I havent bought any .22lr in two years :-(

#21 ·
Locally, 22 supply has been improving slightly. I refuse to make a special trip to Wally World just on the offhand chance some would be there. I'll check if I'm there for something else. My LGS has some in stock at least some of the time. Prices of 6-8 cents a round are about as high as I'll pay. The LGS has at least one brand on the shelf almost as much as they are out, recently. They do limit me to either 4, 50 round boxes or one brick. I can't be picky as to manufacturer as well. "Would you like the Blazer or the Blazer"? :lol:

I shoot my 22s as I am able to rotate old stock for new (or new stock, if crappy quality is all that's available). The days of shooting a brick each session are gone for the time being. I have 2-3k rounds and I don't want to go much below that. I may have to start looking harder as I really would like to pick up an SR22 or a small frame revolver for the stable.

I haven't given up on the caliber. I do believe that the days of bricks for $12 are gone for good. Even at 6 cents a round, the 22 is much cheaper than centerfire and is quite relaxing.

#23 ·
umm bought around 6000 - 7000 rounds the last 2 weeks.

Its around just need to work for it still.
Where?:confused: I cannot find anything on store shelves or online. All I've seen is people on Armslist and Gunbroker selling ancient 500 round bricks for $200, or CCI Stingers for as much as a buck a round. I don't go to gun shows anymore, used to find good deals but not anymore. They've just become a place for dealers to try and get a premium for substandard quality guns and ammo. Every time I'm in town, I check Wal-Mart, Big R, Big 5, the Co-op, and all the local shops. Right now, the cheapest gun for me to shoot is my Mosin Nagant.

#25 ·
Where?:confused: I cannot find anything on store shelves or online. All I've seen is people on Armslist and Gunbroker selling ancient 500 round bricks for $200, or CCI Stingers for as much as a buck a round. I don't go to gun shows anymore, used to find good deals but not anymore. They've just become a place for dealers to try and get a premium for substandard quality guns and ammo. Every time I'm in town, I check Wal-Mart, Big R, Big 5, the Co-op, and all the local shops. Right now, the cheapest gun for me to shoot is my Mosin Nagant.
I don't waste my time hoofing it anymore.. I get most of my 22 from cabelas online with free ship to store , gander mountain online and sportsman guide..

So in the last few weeks got the following
2x remmington bullets 525
2x fiocchi 1575 packs
1x cci 1400 can of mini mags
2x 333 Winchester
3x cci 300 round ar tactical packs

So I'm set for a little bit but tend to go through it fast getting new people into the shooting sport.

#26 ·
I'm still in my twenties, but I remember when I could buy 550 round bricks at the hardware store for $8
Ahh, the good ol' days ;) I remember when we didn't stockpile ammo, because you could just go buy what you needed with no worries.

I miss those days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.