Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is the last time anyone saw .22 ammo for sale? (Not counting the rip-off sales at gun shows and Armslist). I haven't seen it on any store shelves since Sandy Hook.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I find it on occasion at the local stores.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
When is the last time anyone saw .22 ammo for sale? (Not counting the rip-off sales at gun shows and Armslist). I haven't seen it on any store shelves since Sandy Hook.
Same here. Seen it at a LGS once or twice. Saw CCI at Gander Mtn at a crazy price. I don't even shoot mine much anymore.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I stop by wally world every morning after work before they stock their ammo shelves I usually see 22lr once every 3 weeks or so. It is usually bought up before it even hits the shelves. On the bright side I have close to 12k rounds of it ;)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
My lgs has been able to get the 1400 rnd bucket o bullets. They get $95 for them and right now Im happy to pay that.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I have been able to get .22LR regularly at Cabelas. Free shipping to the store and prices have been decent. LGS had Remington Golden Bullet 1400 round bucket for $69 back in March. I passed on it.

Daughter, SIL and I went through about 1,000 rounds a few days ago when they were in town for a visit. Still have 8-9K rounds left.

kypix

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
It's still not looking good.

·
Registered
768 Posts
around a year since normal prices. I dont shoot my 10/22 much anymore since the great ammo rape

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I stop by wally world every morning after work before they stock their ammo shelves I usually see 22lr once every 3 weeks or so. It is usually bought up before it even hits the shelves. On the bright side I have close to 12k rounds of it ;)
... And then most of it goes right onto gunbroker. Walmart prices are not in line with economic principles which helps keep the cycle going.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
It's been starting to pop up more recently in my LGS. But the prices are still really high. I don't shoot much .22 but I have over 2k rounds. That'll hold me over until prices come back down (if ever).

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
You guys are lucky. I know there are a crap ton of ******** in central florida, but I haven't seen .22 in stores under $.08/rd in ages.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I got lucky at WM last month, picked up 2-550 round Remington bricks for $21.97 each!

Our LGS/range will occasionally get the Winchester M-22 bricks priced at $35...not bad for a small store.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've stopped looking for it

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
If I happen to be in a lgs, or at wallyworld or academy, I may stop by the gun counter, but not doing any special trips for it.... haven't seen .22 in months.

Occasionally, I will find it at Cabelas, and recently, just got two boxes, a 333 box of Federal, and a 500 box of Winchester (I think) for less than $0.06 / round. I won't pay more than that for .22lr.

One of these days, supply will catch up with demand, but not going to hold my breath. I will say that my high-volume .22 shooting has been modified quite a bit.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I wanted to buy a new 22lr rifle but what's the sense. The Ruger I have hasn't been used in almost 3 years. At this rate I will forget I have a 22lr rifle! I guess the S&W M&P will just have to wait.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got lucky at WM last month, picked up 2-550 round Remington bricks for $21.97 each!

Our LGS/range will occasionally get the Winchester M-22 bricks priced at $35...not bad for a small store.
I'm still in my twenties, but I remember when I could buy 550 round bricks at the hardware store for $8

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
We used to shoot 1k or more per trip to the range. This last trip for the 4th we shot more than normal and it was still less than 200 rds. We certainly go more for quality shots instead of qty. We do more reactive targets too which take more setup time between rds but keeps the fun... I havent bought any .22lr in two years :-(

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Oh, the last box of 550 I bought was $13. I'm kicking myself for not buying at $ 22 when they had it at the store, but I was still thinking it wouldn't be long before it would come back to normal.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts