Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the range today with my XD 40 4". Fired a shot and felt something hit me in th face. Looked at the back of the slide and the pin that indicates that the striker is ready to fire was missing. Found part of it on the ground. Anyone have experience with this? Called Springfield and they want ne to send it in.

Thanks

Oilman

·
Registered
802 Posts
Oilman said:
Was at the range today with my XD 40 4". Fired a shot and felt something hit me in th face. Looked at the back of the slide and the pin that indicates that the striker is ready to fire was missing. Found part of it on the ground. Anyone have experience with this? Called Springfield and they want ne to send it in.

Thanks

Oilman
Oilman, NEVER heard of this.
I would send it in for research purposes. Let them figure out what went wrong, all covered by warranty of course. Call the custom shop and ask for Deb, she'll take care of you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am puzzled as well. They recommended waiting until early next week to send it in as no one will be there for the next few days. I will keep you posted on what happens.

Oilman

·
Registered
802 Posts
Oilman said:
I am puzzled as well. They recommended waiting until early next week to send it in as no one will be there for the next few days. I will keep you posted on what happens.

Oilman
Please do, this board is a great place to let everyone know the new things they have done, and the bad things that have happened. We have affected certain companies around here too, to change their ways :)

Power of the masses.. :twisted:
best of luck..
DSC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine failed/broke also. I called Springfield's 800 number, explained what happened, and they sent me one via US Mail for free.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
This is not the first one to break...before the bord was hacked the were about 6 or 7 othors that had the same brakage. It was random not particular to any one model. The part where where it turns real skinny is usually where the break occurs. Some times the spring makes it sit kind of cockeyed you can see this if your striker spring guide has some odd wear on the hole in the back, normally its round but some times it turns oblong Ill add a pic of that too in a min. I would just have SA send the new on and just replace it which will take all of 3 min. By the way the pistol will still function and work as normal minus the safety sticking out letting you know.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
They tend to change their answers from time to time...It would also depend what you mess up Ie the spring goes flying out of the back and gets lost... of course thats your fault so SA wont cover it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the status indiator from Springfield (first person told me to send the entire pistol to them, second person just sent me the indicator). Successfully installed. Thanks for the help

ps I only lanched the spring accross the kitchen once!

Oiloman

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
It might be a good idea to take apart your pistol in a white garbage bag. If something does shoot out, it will hopefully be contained in the bag. Eye protection is good insurance too. I've had springs go flying into the twilight zone, never to be found again. :cry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts