It has been over a month now. I have had a couple
of the 45GAP mags stuffed with nine rounds and they
are still STIFF.

Last night, I emptied them both and attempted to load
them. I loaded up seven rounds ok, the 8th round was
a real tough push and the 9th round, well I had to have
help from one of those thumb savers.

Repeated this a couple of times and for the lilfe of me, I
cannot stuff that last round in with just my bare thumb.

I will let them set with rounds loaded in each and check
them out in a month. Anyone else up this same creek?

Ed

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have had mine for about a month as well. I have also left mine loaded. I have a total of 5 mags and one or two of them I really have to struggle to load the last round if I have been shooting a lot. The other 3 or 4 mags seemed to have "loosened" up quite a bit.

The other problem I have had is premature slide lock. It has happened about 5 times out of about 400 rounds with the 230 gr. WWB ammo . I have no trouble at all with the 200 gr. Speer Lawman. I think the larger bullet may be hitting the slide lock from time to time. I have not had a chance to investigate this yet.

·
Registered
678 Posts
as with the other mags I have (9 and 40) I always leave mine loaded, I would think leaving them loaded for while will help... although that is not what you asked, this is what I have offered... :?

T

·
Registered
678 Posts
that's odd... I never followed the other 18 billion threads about the stiff springs, I thought (and it seems with my mags) that leaving them loaded would loosen them.. It must be the time spent at the range...

Sorry, I guess I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff closely enough..

Good Luck with the Stiffies there..

T

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have had my 45 for about a month. I've fed quite a few rounds through, and it does seem easier to get the 9th round in now.

I haven't been using a "speedloader" so either it's easier or my thumb has gotten tougher.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I found my XD40 mags to be very stiff. I took them apart, inspected, and put a coating of silicone on the inside and follower....much better now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts