Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased two factory 12rd XD40 mags the other day and MAN are the springs stiff... I almost broke my thumb trying to get in the last few rounds on the both of them.. Is this *normal* for new mags??? Will they get better the more I use them? I've been excited about getting these ever since I bought my XD back when the AWB was in effect and had 10rd mags, and I can't even load the dang things.. :evil:

·
Registered
10 Posts
HKS loader from Pistol-Gear.com did the trick for me, can't recommend it highly enough. It is under XD accessories and is labeled "Magazine Speed Loader for XD Mags" and is only $9.95.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
mo - oregon said:
HKS loader from Pistol-Gear.com did the trick for me, can't recommend it highly enough. It is under XD accessories and is labeled "Magazine Speed Loader for XD Mags" and is only $9.95.
+1 ON THE LOADER
+1 ON PISTOLGEAR.COM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I don't shoot enough to warrant a mag loader.. I'd rather take the $10 and buy more ammo. ;) I'll just have to tough it out.. I'd just never encountered such grumpy mags before. :roll: Brand new 15rd Sig mags are silky smooth with firm pressure but still very easy to load.. So were my XD40 10rd mags when new.. Huh.. Oh well. 8)

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
My xd40 mags are super stiff as well. They've been left loaded for close to a month now (with many range trips in between) and they're starting to soften up. It's still a bitch to get the last few rounds into them. Especially one of my mags, doesn't seem to be improving too much.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have had my XD-40 mags loaded/unloaded with 12 several times at the range and left them stored loaded to 12 for a month or so. I still can't get number 12 in without the cheap Glock loader I have.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
my 4 competition mags are new and never stay loaded. they get loaded and unloaded constantly and fit all 12 rounds fine.

my 3 carry mags stay loaded constantly, no loading and unloading. when i do unload them its a royal pain to get all 12 back in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like Rooster's experience supports spending the $10 bucks running more ammo through the magazine . . . might be just a incremental improvement but definitely more fun than a plastic doohicky. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts