Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
I own one and it is a sweet piece, super accurate and really tight frame/slide fit and barrel lock up. Great value for the price. Buy it, shoot it a lot and spend all the money you saved by not buying a $1000 1911 on ammo.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I have a 9mm Spartan that I use for ESP in IDPA matches. Awesomely accurate and runs flat with a few spring changes and my reloads. Mine is so tight that to get it field stripped was a real chore for the first two or three times. Bushing is finally loosening up a little. I like mine so much that I'm buying .45 version for CDP. One thing that might need to be changed is the front sight; it's pretty wide and fills the back sight. Makes it a little tougher to get on target quickly. 9 lb recoil and 15 lb mainspring gave me a 3 lb trigger (and it was good right out of the box). The finish is not that great on mine but that's a minor thing to me. Great gun and the price is very reasonable.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Love love love my Spartan. By far it is the best solid value for a 1911 on the market today. Super accurate, very reliable, quality parts. I replaced my front sight with a Dawson, added a Smith & Alexander magwell, changed out the grips, changed some spring weights, and added a Wilson extended mag release. One of my all time favorite guns.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I run a STI Trojan in 9mm for ESP in IDPA and Single Stack for USPSA and love the gun. A few things to watch for and to change. I felt that factory recoil spring was too stiff and I could feel a lag in the slide. I dropped to an 11 pound and love it. I also went to a lighter main spring and sear spring. I'm around a 4 pound trigger I think. Definitely switch to Dawson fiber optic sights. I've also found out the hard way that certain mags hit the ejector and will bend it on a hard slide lock reload. Check your mags to see if they are hitting and slowly file the bottom of the ejector to get clearance or else it will bend. I swapped in an EGW ejector and it took me less than 1 hour to fit. I added the Dawson ICE magwell but I think I am switching to the Smith and Alexander since there is less USPSA around me anymore and some IDPA boxes I am tight fitting into.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts