Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on her happen to know if there is anyway to adapt the Steyr sights on the XDM.
I shot the Steyr and loved the sights.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
The Steyr sights are excellent combat sights. If you get the front triangle anywhere in the angled lines of the rear sight, you'll hit what you want to. VERY quick acquisition!

I tried that and they just don't fit without major modification to either the sights or the slide. There's a company out there (can't remember the name) that makes trap/style sights that are close to what the Steyrs are. Good luck!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That really sucks. I would have bought the Styre but there are not a lot of options as far as holsters. Amazing gun to shoot!

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Yes it is. The reason there aren't too many accessories is they Steyrs aren't heavily marketed here in the USA, and few people even know what one is, much less have ever seen one NIB in a gun store. Naturally, they are afraid to buy something they haven't heard about. Hopefully, with the new models just coming out, Steyr will make a stronger effort to get the word out. Fobus makes a nice paddle OWB Kydex, and Blade-Tech makes an OUTSTANDING Kydex paddle/beltslide for them. The BT model is available in right or left-hand mode. Other holsters for other guns will fit it, too. I have several left hand holsters that it works with. Lots of holsters for large double-stack semis will fit the Steyr.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good to know. I may just end up with one sometime soon. I am working my way from used gun to used gun to buy a EMP I have gone from no gun to owning 3 really nice ones with a very small initial investment. I really like the XDM though

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
The XD is hard to resist. In fact, I had to make a decision between a Steyr S9 and the XD9SC. I chose the XD9SC for one reason only - higher round count with the short mags. I can easily switch to the Steyr as my backup.

BTW, I have a:
M9-A1
M9
S9
M40-A1
M40
S40
M357-A1
M357
and a M40-A1 that the grip has been chopped to fit S mags (that one's for sale)

·
Registered
304 Posts
i considered those sights. they are ^ shaped but not like the styr.

the styr sights and pretty sweet but those aftermarket ones arent realy the same and they look like they belong on a water gun....

i wish some would jus take the styer sights and put an XD bottom on them so we can use them..........................jus saying.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those sight (SureSight) are an ok replacement but it even says on the link "Company No Longer in Business". That my friend is not a good sign.
I did have the XD9SC already for about a week then I bought the XDM9 3.8. My XD was the Bi-Tone and much better looking than my Black XDM but the XDm does shoot better.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had a Steyr and liked it a lot - I sold it when they pulled out of the market a few years (I don't run guns that are not factory supported). I do miss it though, great gun.

I found my XDM with speedsights to be similar in practice, but not as quick as the trap sights on the Steyr. I found the Steyr's sights to be similar to my widened-notch AK sights ----> faster, but a tick less accurate.

I do think someone could definitely sell Steyr style sights for decent coin. Especially if they made a night-sight version.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts