Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some once fired 9mm brass today and started depriming it. Some of the cases are marked AmmoLand, and inside the case it is "stepped". It's thicker inside around the lower portion of the case. The primers have a rectangular strike mark. I can't even imagine what kind of firing pin, would leave a mark like that. Sorry, I have no pictures at this time. Do I scrap the brass? Or just lightly load it? Anybody have any experience with this stuff?

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
glocks lol

as for the thicker brass, ???? new to me. that will surely reduce case capacity. maybe you should try measuring that and comparing with typical Case capacities.

9 mm operates at very high pressures for a pistol cRtridge. any reductions could have large impacts on pressure

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
As Taylorjr has said, we occasionally get posts from people who have experienced separations of the Ammoland brass at the interior step. I suppose you could reload it mid way up the power ladder for range shooting but I would never trust the stuff for anything but that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good to know, Thanks guys! I'll scrap it, why take a chance - I'm not that hard up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts