Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The forum has almost tripled in size since I joined last July. So many new members, so I'd like to take a little time to reintroduce myself to all the new guys. My name is Ron Jung aka "Mr Twisted" I'm the Founder/Ceo of the Shooting Sports Alliance (SSA)the most progressive and innovatively fun shooting club in Southern Kali located in the lower portion of the "Left Coast". We run an all"reactive steel match" in a run and gun fashion called Steel Madness. We meet on the 1st, 3rd & 5th Sundays of every month(rain or shine)in Norco Ca. The SSA is "plugged in" with many gun manufacturers. We host in part a LARGE Sports Fair on June 6,7 & 8th at Raahagues Norco Shooting Park. Most of the gun manufacturers will be showing and SHOOTING their wares at the fair. Some 12,000+ sportsman will be there. Will you?

A great number of the members of this forum and a few other forums are regular shooters of our programs. I'll let them speak for themselves about their shooting inprovements and their experences.

The point to this diatribe is to welcome all you new guys to the forum and to invite you to try out "Steel Madness", when you're in the L.A. area for business or pleasure. Those of you "new guys" who are fortunate enough to live in the So Cal area all year long, drop on by and say hello. We'll be glad you did! Visit our website www.ssashooter.com

Mr Twisted out...... :p :p :p

[ May 17, 2003, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Twisted ]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Twisted,
My daughter is moving to LA on Weds, I imagine my wife will drag me out there to visit befoe too long. Maybe I can put in a hidden agenda when I go.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, I'd love to meet more of the guys, I've got someone coming from Las Vegas this weekend for a visit. Keep our schedule in mind for your visits. Who knows you might find you'll become much closer to your daughter. Hmmm multiple trips at selected times of the year how curious???? We'll never tell... :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well I attended my Second Steel Madness Match today and of course I had a BLAST.

SSA and The Steel Madness Match are as great as this forum. They welcome the newbies with open arms and whether you are an expert or brand new to the sport of shooting you are guaranteed to have a great time.

Maybe you have heard of IDPA and IPSC, well Steel Madness is the Drag racing of these events.
I must offer a warning though. Steel Madness is Addicting. If you are in Southern California or plan to visit, drop on in have a great time and meet some great people. Yeah that's right California Still has some decent things to offer.

P.S.
Hey Twisted check our PM.

[ May 18, 2003, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Preston ]

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went to the Steel Madness shoot in Norco yesterday, and it was great! Lots of targets, a great crowd, and plenty of fun. It was shotgun day, and we got to try out Mr. Twisted's highly customized Benelli on a couple of combination stages. Anybody that shoots a pistol owes it to themself to try out the Steel Madness.

Unfortunately, I pulled the biggest bonehead move I have all year (locked my keys in the trunk of my girlfriends car), but Ron bailed me out, so I get to live to go back and shoot the match again next month!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just got back from the steel madness this weekend in Norco Ca. Being this was my first steel event I have ever shot it was new in a sense. I really enjoyed the challenge of hitting the steel and it was more difficult than I had anticipated. Over all I had a great time meeting everyone and spending some time with my brother in law, who got to get out of honey do's to come and shoot at the last minute.

[ May 20, 2003, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: dyferant ]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seven more days! I can wait that long! Really, I can. Thats not that long. I can wait. Really. Its only seven days. Thats 6+1, thats not bad. Or maybe we should all just get together on say wednesday. yeah, that would be good. We could all go shoot then. And on Sunday too. Right that would be O.K. right. Or wait Tomarrow is Sunday right. We could all go shoot this sundy. Then that wouldn't take as long as waiting untill NEEXT Sunday. Right! O.K. tomarrow then. See you all there, O.K.. :D :D :D :D :D :D :confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eazy.. Apeman you'll bust a gasket. When you go to Texas you'll be in the deep. No one does it like the SSA. We've got some custom 40 Cal loads for Steel Madness I know you'll like. Powder puff feels like 9mm and accurate too. We load them at the range. Save your 40 brass and we'll load some for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey sounds great. How much $ and how many will you have? I've been checking into getting set up for realoding my own. Been checking into Lee, and RCBS. Well enough about that don't want to get to far off subject. Need to keep mind clear. You said tomarrow right. :D I know I know, whatch the gasket. :D :D :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Twisted,

I’ll be up there on Sunday. It’ll be my first time shooting in the Madness so please save me a seat in the beginners group. What time do they start?

CJ

·
Registered
13 Posts
9 AM CJ. this will be my second time, and i cant wait. even the wife cant wait to go. my daughter was almost ready to stay home frome a camping trip, just so she could come. see you there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Twisted,

Just letting you know I haven't fallen off the face of planet earth. Work has been falling on Sundays lately.

I'll make it out as soon as all the other planets line up...I've got an itchy trigger finger. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another GREAT match put on by Mr. Twisted (and the Mrs.).

It was doubly good because I out shot Mr. T!!!

You Southern Californians that spend all your range time punching paper HAVE to get out to one of his matches... you'll never be the same.

See y'all in 2 weeks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No match this weekend. Raahauge Sports Fair All of the gun companies will be at this event. It's a hands on Shooting Fair. Come on out June 6,7 &8th

More info www.ssashooter.net Home page

Para-Pmc LDA Challenge Match going strong new sponsors joining daily.

CJ what happened BRO missed you at the last match, mix one will be 6-15 but the Twisteds won't be back till the 6-29th Food Fest Match

·
Registered
10 Posts
Twisted,

I'm hoping I can talk Connie into letting me go to the Fair this weekend. If I can, I'll drag Sean along, too.

Would enjoy seeing Rob Leatham shoot. I'd also like to fondle some guns.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The fair was a lot of fun. (I got the OK from Connie) :(

Sean is a Ruger guy and really liked the Ruger .44 Magnum lever action rifle. He's sad he didn't take the opportunity to try out the Marlin lever actions for comparison. The line was pretty long. I wanted to try the Marlin 1895.

Neither of us shot any 1911s. I'm pretty sold on Kimbers. And Sean got a .45 not too long ago.

Lots of hunting stuff and demos. Hunting dog demos.

They had Hummer test drives... I could do the course they set-up in my little 2WD Nissan pick-up truck...would rather see a professional driver do really difficult, technical off-road stuff. Apart from seeing expensive H2's get dirty, the test drives were not aimed at people who would really use it off-road.

To sum up the whole Raahauges Shooting Sports Fair in the words of my buddy, Sean, "It's kinda like a wine tasting, only totally different."

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess your saying you had a great time of it. Our booth had eazy a 1000 shooters over the three days.

Hope tp see more of you next year, its a great event.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by XDBroadway:
They had Hummer test drives... I could do the course they set-up in my little 2WD Nissan pick-up truck...would rather see a professional driver do really difficult, technical off-road stuff. Apart from seeing expensive H2's get dirty, the test drives were not aimed at people who would really use it off-road.
I don't see the point to the H2 Hummer. It's a Chevy Suburban chasi for a lot more money than a Suburban. If I wanted a Hummer it would have to be the original. If I wanted a Suburban I could get one for a lot less than an H2.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Twisted, yes, we had a great time. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Absolutely no complaints.
Heck, I GOT TO SHOOT A .500 HANDGUN! For a broke guy like me, that in itself was a real treat. I got to squeeze off some rounds through many small arms I've been wanting to try.

Skibum, I agree, the original would be the one I'd get if I was forced to pick a Hummer (in my dreams). The H2 is definitely the family wagon of Hummers. With that said, I still wouldn't mind seeing what it could really do off-road.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts