Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to give a shout out to Mr. Twisted for putting on a great operation at the Steel Challenge. I just showed up at the range for my first time expecting it to be a Steel Madness event. Imagine my surprise when everyone is doing Steel Challenge and preparing for some serious competition. But, whatever, you roll with it right? I fell in and was lucky enough to end up with Kurt to show me around. I have to say I really appreciate Kurt for his patience in putting up with a FNG and for showing me how it’s done. You really helped me in my shooting skill, mental approach and future training. Big Thanks!

Mr. Twisted and Mrs. Twisted, you guys run a class act show. I’ll definitely be showing up when you have the Steel Madness and in the future. Thanks for hosting such a great group of people.

BTW, my XD-9 Bi-tone worked flawlessly!! No malfunctions, no FTE, just a great all around weapon. It’s dead on when I take the time to line up on the targets. Some of the 40 yard plates threw, me but hell, I’ve only shot in-doors so far, that’s not the weapons fault. I did paint my sight dots green and orange and that really helped on the white targets. After approximately 2500 rounds the XD feels like it’s hit its break in and I’ve become absolutely attune to the feel and everything flows. And finally, for Steel Challenge or Steel Madness, the hi-caps (ala XD-40 mags) are MUST!!!

Mr. Twisted, you rock, see you soon.
CJ

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Mr. Twisted.

Thanks for pointing out the other post, I hadn’t made it into non-xd discussion in a while. Yes I saw my picture, I think this is the first time I can remember actually getting exhausted from shooting, it was a long day, but I had a lot of fun and learned so much from Kurt and his observations of my shooting. I ordered some more hi-caps so I’ll be set up the next match.

See you there.

CJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts