Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering about these was going to stock up on .308 and 7.62x54r ammo by Tulammo. Is the a bad idea? Can you store these for a Long time? What are the Pros and Cons about steel Casings?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Pro: Tula-Ammo is cheap at Wal-Mart.

Con: Due to the texture of the finish on the shell casing, it's slightly more difficult to load into magazines.

I've shot a bunch of Tula in my XDM45 and haven't encountered any problems.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I am sure it lasts as long as any other stored properly; cool & dry. I just think it's crap ammo, but hey, for SHTF, why not?

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
It gets bad mouthed by many. It is cheap,but has never failed to go boom. Can't reload it, but that's really the only drawback. The smell is different. Might be dirtier compared to high quality stuff, but not really more so than any other cheap stuff.

·
Registered
29,678 Posts
Pros:

It's cheap, it is just as reliable as any other blasting ammo, and it won't harm your pistol.

Cons:
It's not reloadable (at least, it's not advised, and is difficult if you decide to do it anyway), and some ranges won't allow it for a variety of reasons (mainly ignorant/lazy reasons, at that).

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
He is asking about rifle ammo not hand gun. Although a comparison is helpful. Anyways, I would just buy one box of each and try it out. My .308 HATES steel case. It loads fine but I can not eject the shell unless I have a brick. NOT GOOD! My .308 is an old Mossberg 800A.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I have never seen any that really impressed me for accuracy. In my SKS, I'll shoot it all day long, MAYBE in my AR but in 5 years have yet to try it in that platform. In my handguns, no thanks. In my Rem 700, no way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts