Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on Davidson's Gallery of Guns, using the Gun Locator. www.galleryofguns.com

I noticed there was a Springfield Armory and a Springfield Armory-L. Wondering what Springfield Armory-L is, I clicked over and did a search for all. Imagine my suprise when up popped multiple models of a "45AP" version of the XD. Keep in mind that Davidson's does list 45GAP as different to 45AP. Also, the product #s are different from the rest of the XD line, although in the same range.

Of course, none of available yet!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The XD 45 ACP is also showing up on the normal Springfield searches for 45 ACP (which before only showed the 1911s)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Looks like you found an Easter egg. I bet that was not saposed to be online yet. Did you read the details of the different packages?

XD9611HCSP06 is black finish, 13+1 45ap, holster, double mag pouch, and mag loader :!:

XD9611SP06 same as above, but 10+1

XD9612HCSP06 is same as first, but od green

XD9612SP06 is same as first, but 10+1 and OD green

XD9613HCSP06 is same as first, but stainless slide

XD9613SP06 is same as first, but 10+1 and Stainless slide.

WOOT!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

P

·
0 Posts
Does somebody need to apologize to Rich?

I think so.

Seriously, 45 ACP in XD -- that means 10mm barrels one day, too!

I'll put up for one of those.

·
Registered
278 Posts
NICE find. That pretty much lays all my doubts to rest. 8)

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
The stock numbers that end in the 06 are the newest promotions, some are allready out. Most from what I have been told will come out right around the shot show. The word is that Springfield Armory is going after a another plastic gun maker. Any way lots of goodies at this shot show. Now if they can get a melonite finish or a tenifer finish sice the xd is made in Croatia I would accept a raise in price for sure. As far as a 45acp this is about good timing the HS2000 has been around now for about 5 yrs, and I think it took Glock about 5-7 yrs to get their large frames out diddnt it?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
packing_in_la said:
Looks like you found an Easter egg. I bet that was not saposed to be online yet. Did you read the details of the different packages?

XD9611HCSP06 is black finish, 13+1 45ap, holster, double mag pouch, and mag loader :!:

XD9611SP06 same as above, but 10+1

XD9612HCSP06 is same as first, but od green

XD9612SP06 is same as first, but 10+1 and OD green

XD9613HCSP06 is same as first, but stainless slide

XD9613SP06 is same as first, but 10+1 and Stainless slide.

WOOT!
:D :D :D :D :D :D
I sure did catch that package. Stands to reason that XD .45 ACP mags would be a different size vs the current models, so a Mag carrier makes sense.

Wonder if the XD 45acp will fit in "standard" holsters.

I already signed up for the automatic email when Davidson's stocks this for real. Their prices are generally pretty good. I plan to be the first kid on my block with one in OD!

Ajames- Since they are already after Glock, I am guessing Taurus (the Millinum .45acp line) are the next in their sights.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
If this is true, then the .45GAP is probably going to become a oddity pretty soon. :|

·
Registered
359 Posts
!!!

WOW, is all I can say. Time to save up some more moolah.

I hope this isn't an "April Fools," kind of thing, I think after seeing that screenshot, I'd be pretty upset! Getting me all excited for nothing...

Got a question for you guys: Are the 10 round versions are for the locally hadicapped states in the U.S. (Kalifornia)?

-stunks

·
Registered
135 Posts
stunksinatl said:
Got a question for you guys: Are the 10 round versions are for the locally hadicapped states in the U.S. (Kalifornia)?

-stunks
That would be my guess. CA, NJ, HI, etc...

They would have to modify the frame to fit 13+1 as listed.
Of course this will be a bigger pistol. Will be the size of a Glock 21. Bigger frame, bigger slide.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wonder how much bigger. Obviously, the 45 acp cartridge is slightly longer vs the 9mm/40/357/45gap cartridges. But it's not that much bigger. Springfield already makes the 45GAP which (correct me if I am wrong) is a higher pressure round vs the 45ACP. It seems to me all they would have to do is make a new frame to hold the slightly longer 45 acp round and modify the 45GAP breech and they would have a viable new pistol. Look at the Taurus 24/8 45acp as an example. It holds 12-13 45acp rounds and it's not a very big pistol.

It will be interesting to see the end dimensions.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Take the XD45Gap. Now double stack 4 more rounds and one of two things has to happen. The grip must get wider or get longer. Just my guess. We'll see soon enough.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts