Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the gun show on Saturday. Picked up a RRA stripped lower and lpk. Picked up a Magpul CTR buttstock today and ordered 3 Magpul mags.
Spent most of the day looking at different uppers. I, have it narrowed down to either CMMG $615 or Del-ton $505. Wanted to keep it all RRA but their uppers are running 8 to 12 weeks back order.

My question is which is the better upper they both looked good on paper.
I, have to call Del-ton because they don't tell you if feed ramps are extended and if bolt and carrier are polished.

Here is what I, have planned for my upper.
16" Chrome lined barrel 7:1 twist 5.56 NATO, Mid length M4 handguards, Chrome bolt and carrier, Std A2 front sight, Flat top upper with M4 feedramps and A2 flash hider. Did I, miss anything or what do I, need to tune my build? One thing I, did not show is the rear sight which will be a I, think a R40.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Went to the gun show on Saturday. Picked up a RRA stripped lower and lpk. Picked up a Magpul CTR buttstock today and ordered 3 Magpul mags.
Spent most of the day looking at different uppers. I, have it narrowed down to either CMMG $615 or Del-ton $505. Wanted to keep it all RRA but their uppers are running 8 to 12 weeks back order.

My question is which is the better upper they both looked good on paper.
I, have to call Del-ton because they don't tell you if feed ramps are extended and if bolt and carrier are polished.

Here is what I, have planned for my upper.
16" Chrome lined barrel 7:1 twist 5.56 NATO, Mid length M4 handguards, Chrome bolt and carrier, Std A2 front sight, Flat top upper with M4 feedramps and A2 flash hider. Did I, miss anything or what do I, need to tune my build? One thing I, did not show is the rear sight which will be a I, think a R40.
that is one FAST twist rate!!! haha.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've heard praise and whining about both. No experience myself with either. I guess if it was me, I'd go CMMG with 1:7 twist. Or, order now and wait for the RRA. Unless the zombies are knocking on your door, you will have it the way you want by the end of January. Be patient- not sorry.
I've also heard that the M4 ramps are not that big of a deal. I have extended ramps and have had no feed issues, but I have read several forums where the concensus is that they really don't make a difference one way or the other. I may be wrong.
Have fun and enjoy it when it's done!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts