Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some stainless XDs where only the slide is stainless. I have seen others where everything metal is stainless. Are there different model #s or is this a luck of the draw type thing. I think if the slide is stainless all other metal parts should be stainless. What gives?

ranburr

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Only the slide is stainless from the factory (except on special orders). Some folks have had their guns refinished in NP3 or hard chromed and had the small parts done also. Tripp Research, Robar, CCR, Macs, and others do good jobs refinishing.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, they have a stainless on the website. Look at the Gap pistols. The 4"model is stainless slide only, the 5" model is entirely stainless.

ranburr

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, if they have been plated how do you know if you are getting one that is plated or not. They both are shown as stainless guns.

ranburr

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
The image you're looking at is one of those custom shop guns I mentioned.

You can tell, because the magazine release is an aftermarket part and it's got Dawson fiber sights.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
yeah, i noticed that a while back. Was wonderign what it was all about, but figured they messed up with teh photos or didn't have a regular bi-tone handy to take a pic of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts