Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello has anyone here used a prp stainless guiderod? I was just wanting to add a little weight to the gun and was going try one.... Has anyone ordered any and have feedback on them?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wow. I just replied, but it's not there. OK. Once again. I bought one for my XDM-45 4.5" two years ago. It's a little heavier, but I'd be lying if I said it made a noticeable difference. However, you could order that and the PRP striker retaining pins--a must-have for reliability--and at least minimize your shipping cost over ordering separately.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I use it in my XDm 9mm 5.25
I like the added weight up front. Just feels better to me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. I just replied, but it's not there. OK. Once again. I bought one for my XDM-45 4.5" two years ago. It's a little heavier, but I'd be lying if I said it made a noticeable difference. However, you could order that and the PRP striker retaining pins--a must-have for reliability--and at least minimize your shipping cost over ordering separately.
Does this need installed by a gunsmith? because there are none here in cincinnati!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Does this need installed by a gunsmith? because there are none here in cincinnati!
No gunsmith needed. The guide rod is a 10 second job. The striker retaining pin takes a little longer, and you need punches--one to remove the pin and put the new one in. A starter punch is handy for installing the new pin. Of course, while the striker is out is a cleaning opportunity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts