Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Very nice, I can understand your happiness!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
33 Posts
Words of caution.....these things like to eat ammo. Mine has over 700 rounds and is desperately craving more. Sometimes I even contemplate going hungry myself just so mine can eat.

For my $.02, I put the Pearce rubber grip insert on mine and it makes the grip so much more comfortable. I had a little trouble with keeping shots accurate since I'm used to my duty weapon which is double stack. The pearce inseart didn't thicken the grip a lot, but it definitely made it very comfortable for me. From 15 yards, I can put 30 rounds straight within a size of a softball. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything, even if I did overpay for it. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been carrying a SA Loaded Champion as a duty weapon for over two years with absolutely no regrets. I love the 1911 handguns and also have a Colt Defender.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice! I've had one for several years, I love mine. I sent mine to SA Custom Shop and had them stipple the front strap and ArmoryKote it (mine was a parked model), really happy with the result.
They really point quickly for me, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I made it to the range this morning. Ran 200 rounds of FMJ through her. First mag had 3-4 FTF/FTE. Second mag had a couple more. One or two more after that, then she worked like a champ.
I did clean and lubricate the pistol before I went to the range. And, I did add some CLP to the slide after about 50 rounds.

What a fine shooting gun! And, I know that it will only get better. I am happy! :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts